• Show
Clear All
  • NMyTree
    • May 2004

No cables are worth $30,000.

No cables are worth $10,000.

No cables are worth even $1,000.

Your car analogy is ridiculous.

Let me ask you, does a Mercedes Benz have $30,000 worth of wiring in it?

Give me a break!

A majority of componenets and speakers don't even have $100. worth of internal wiring, input jacks, output jacks and binding posts. Not even components in the $100,000.-$250,000. price point.

Most components have simple thin wiring and even the ones that have some bulky thick wiring, still don't total up to $100.00 worth.

It's a facade.
    Tony

Comment

• Claude D D
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by NMyTree
      No cables are worth $30,000.

No cables are worth $10,000.

No cables are worth even $1,000.

Your car analogy is ridiculous.

Let me ask you, does a Mercedes Benz have $30,000 worth of wiring in it?

Give me a break!

A majority of componenets and speakers don't even have $100. worth of internal wiring, input jacks, output jacks and binding posts. Not even components in the $100,000.-$250,000. price point.

Most components have simple thin wiring and even the ones that have some bulky thick wiring, still don't total up to $100.00 worth.

It's a facade.
      I guess many the people that do invest in high end cables that have heard a difference in there systems are wrong then. I've seen may people with the same attitude as you that now own and swear by "expensive" cables.
      Try to be a little more open minded when it comes to this stuff.You might be in for a suprize. Many a sceptic has come into our store and ended up eating his words(including myself-years ago before I worked there).I see your point but but you really owe it to youself to check things out at a high end store that is capable of doing a proper demo for you.Hey and if you can't hear a difference that's great for you and you can save yourself some dough!!But please try not to knock the many that gain improvements to their systems by purchasing more exotic cables. Remember this is a fun hobby and it's all about choice. Enjoy the music. :T

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Actually, I'm putting a clamp in this now. Claude, as a dealer rep, you can't just be posting all this info about a specific brand name products you all sell. ooh ahh pictures used in a generic audio show perspective is one thing, but brand selling is an entirely different thing.

Besides, I can see a degeneration of this into a name calling match, so this thread is now locked.

Doug
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"