Bringing my stereo into the 21st century...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TWB
    • Jan 2005

Bringing my stereo into the 21st century...

It's obvious there's quite a collection of knowledgable folks here - I'd like to pick your brains a bit as I'm about a decade behind & don't have time to research as I'd like. Briefly, I'm an illustrator & I have a pretty satisfying stereo setup in my art studio (15' X 22') that has been acousticly treated, tuned for Apogee Duettas driven by dbx bx1 silicon motor - pair of Hsu Research 10" subs w/Adcom power. Up front is a still pluggin' Denon 1520, dbx cx1 pre, Rane AC22 active crossover, all tweaked in with an SLM quite some time ago.

Can you recommend upgrading to an SACD system? Would you? What reasonably priced equipment have you found particularly good for the $? Retaining my ribbon mains speakers, what do you think would work well for rear channels? I presently have B&W DM600's set up in a "bounce" configuration as rear ambiance channels through my CX1 pre which has various ambience recovery modes. It has worked well to add a bit of air to stereo recordings, but I'm not sure they'll work as well with SACD's dedicated channels. Any suggestions? TIA
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"