X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Easyrider
    • Oct 2004

Primare A20 MKII

hi,

can anyone tell me how to tell if a Primare A20 MkII, is REALLY that version, since i cant see any badge or lettering on those?

Im about to buy one second hand, and i dont know if its the latest version or the original..... :roll:

thanks guys
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Pedro, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

I'm not familiar with the Primare you're asking about, and a bit of surfing didn't show me anything. Is it the SPA20? Also, have you tried talking to Primare directly? Here's the contact info from their web site:

Best of luck to you. Keep us posted, okay?
    Attached Files

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Easyrider
      • Oct 2004

hi David
      thanks for your answer.

try looking just for "Primare A20"

check this one at hifichoice :http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_print.asp?ID=2058

im pretty sure that there is a A20 MKII version, but cant seem to find any exterior diferences( a lillte badge or something), although some reviews, say that there are sonic diferences.And i dont want to pay more for the original verison, thinking that it is the MKII.
      On that review by hifichoice, they say "Primare has also added a preamplifier output to the amp for the first time, enabling you to hook the A20 up to an off-board processor" - meaning that the previous ( original A20)didnt have pre-outs..!?!??hum...

I tried an email to the local distributor and Primare offical website, but still no answer.

ill keep you up to date as soon as i got more info on that, or when i have my "new" amp.

Comment

• Easyrider
        • Oct 2004

Hi,

as promised, here it is the answer to my question. It was all there waiting for me to read it on hifichoice.co.uk :

Remember : MKII - 3 feet and has pre-outs.Mine does. :T

Thanks
        Bart

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Bart, glad to hear you got the MkII. :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"