X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davewantsmoore
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by gainphile
    Like this:
    Oh, ok. I was lookig at this pic: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-G1ozDVnDNb...2Bsonogram.png

Comment

• gainphile
      • Apr 2009

Yes, that's the correct one for 'R16'. The previous one (smoother) was for 'S16'. It had much simpler baffle.
      gainphile.blogspot.com

Comment

• gainphile
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Jonasz
        Probably sounds better too? Haven't heard the DXT but the similar H1212 have a very annoying sound to me that I can't put the finger on. The RS28 wich I compared it to have a very relaxed sound comparatively, as do the XT25.
        Yes, XT25 are nice indeed. And super-flat when measured.

And nowadays cheaper too!!
        gainphile.blogspot.com

Comment

• mcvan
          • Feb 2020

Originally posted by gainphile
          Mostly pleased with the W-frame woofers. They really work, I can see the woofers pumping violently on some materials but the cabinets do not vibrate !! Magic.

Very clean even crossed at 120hz.
          So years later, do you still feel the W-frame design reduces cabinet vibration enough to make separate upper-range driver baffle mounting as in the LX521 unnecessary?

PS -- any other speaker work lately, or is this really your final creation?!

Comment

• Dave Bullet
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Jonasz
            Probably sounds better too? Haven't heard the DXT but the similar H1212 have a very annoying sound to me that I can't put the finger on. The RS28 wich I compared it to have a very relaxed sound comparatively, as do the XT25.
            I agree with you completely on the H1212. Around 2.5Khz it is quite "shouty". didn't appear in low power distortion sweeps, but the shoutiness was volume irrelevant. I reverted to using the fabric dome which was better.

I was also pairing with an L15 which may have contributed as well (3rd order breakup around 2.7KHz so may not have been attenuated enough.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"