Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahimanic
    • Sep 2023

Eversolo DMP-A6 paired with Classe CA-2200 amp

At the suggestion of theSven​ , I'm starting a new thread to share my user experience of the Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer/DAC.

I have been using it directly as a digital preamp through XLR with CA-2200 and B&W 803D. I have also ran it with an Audio Research LS1 line stage using single ended connection to CA-2200.

I use the native Apple Music app in the A6 streaming lossless and some hi-resolution music directly through wifi into the A6. I can control it remotely with the Eversolo control app installed on my iPhone. There is also an inexpensive remote volume control you can buy on Amazon for like $12.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4fed90f2b4c48974359290ec0f438ddd.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	949399

Name:	image.png
Views:	109
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	949400

Views:	85
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	949401

The A6 has gained recent fame on the internet and Youtube as a giant killer streamer/DAC. It has pretty much blown the popular Bluesound Node 3 out of the water in terms of functions, user interface and sound quality. It has often been compared to the Rose streamer/DAC that costs many times over. I had to wait a few weeks for delivery as it was constantly out of stock at various sellers. It retails for about $900 USD.

For starters, it's a good looking unit with good solid workmanship and has a beautiful touch screen. The user manual is easy to read...because there was hardly any! But the set up is easy and intuitive and I didn't have much trouble to get it up and running. It has a strong user based support group in Facebook and in the Eversolo community forums. It has a user friendly and relatively simple hi-resolution user interface right on the screen but it's easier to control it through the Eversolo app on your phone.

It has full MQA unfolding and decoding capability for Tidal users but that's going by the way side! It's also one of the few, if not the only game in town that can run Apple Music natively. However, the user can only control it remotely on the phone through a "cast" or screen mirroring function. It fully supports Quobuz, Spotify and a few others.

A6 has dual Sabre ES 9038Q2M DAC chips for the D/A conversion. They are good sounding DAC's.

You can install up to a 4TB SSD chip to store your music files or rip your entire CD collection into the A6! You also have the ability to install various apps into the unit through a "side loading" process which takes some effort.

Overall I am happy with the A6 and I think the sound quality is pretty darn good. It is very revealing so it can expose weaknesses in the system and some feel it can get bright with certain pairings. The imaging and sound stage are good and it shows a lot of details. I think it will take significantly more spending to surpass its DACs in a meaningful way. Some have used it as a pure transport and run it with their existing higher end DAC and like the A6 as a transport.

I have ran the A6 as a preamp directly to the CA-2200. I compared that to running through the ARC LS1 line stage and I feel, although the difference is not great, it sounds to me that the A6 as a preamp is slightly warmer but does lose some lower level finer details in the background so the LS1 has the edge. I feel that the A6 has good synergy with CA-2200. They have similarly smooth personalities with attention to details but are not cold.

Frank
  • technodanvan
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

I don't see any mention of Roon on the handful of sites that I've looked at. Do you know if it is Roon compatible?
    - Danny

Comment

• theSven
      Master of None
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by technodanvan
      I don't see any mention of Roon on the handful of sites that I've looked at. Do you know if it is Roon compatible?
      It is Roon compatible from when I looked yesterday. See this link, the 5th line from the bottom under Functional Overview. Would be cool to see this device in action, if anyone is in the Northern VA area consider having a meet up 🤗.
      Painter in training

Comment

• ahimanic
        • Sep 2023

Originally posted by technodanvan
        I'm pretty sure it is. I don't use Roon personally but I see plenty of others that mentioned they use Roon with the A6.

Comment

• theSven
          Master of None
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by ahimanic

I'm pretty sure it is. I don't use Roon personally but I see plenty of others that mentioned they use Roon with the A6.
          Roon is amazing. technodanvan showed me Roon and I was hooked after using it for a listening. Now when I'm at home not traveling I use daily. I stream all my music that I have collected over the last 30 years and love the radio feature too when I can't make up my mind on which album I want to listen to. Definitely worth a trail if you're up for it.
          Painter in training

Comment

• Scareurpasenger
            • Jan 2017

Roon was well worth the lifetime license! Fantastic product and they keep making updates that impress me.

Comment

• dar47
              • Nov 2008

I have the DMPA6, love it as they just updated it for Amazon HD native app. If you have Amazon prime it's the cheapest CD quality or better service. I like Amazon's interface almost as good as Spotify for finding new music and their play lists rank up there. You can transfer any other play list from other music services to Amazon HD.
              I installed a 2TB SME card in it as well. I get my music to PC and transfer to the SME, again works great. You can cast to the player with phone or as I use a dedicated Ipad mini for seat control. The display is nice, you get spectral peak or your choice of 3 different power gauges for fun. The dac is fine if your just using music services or have medium quality front end gear. I pass through to my SIM Audio, Moon 380D dac. The 380D has a Mind controller that renders the music file from PC or Nas to the 380D dac that is better but the DMP pass through is close. (I think I hear a difference coming from my Hi-res stuff off the PC through Mind). In my opinion this is now the best product for playing music that you don't need a computer or NAS on all the time. They are listening to their customers and updating the product fairly fast. Like anything hope they keep up with it and add to it and the interface is quick based off the Android and chip they are using. As others have said you can use Roon, think it's Roon ready and they are fixing bugs fast for it's use.

Comment

• ahimanic
                • Sep 2023

Eversolo just upped the game! It is releasing the A8 soon and it's going to be better almost all the way around!

Views:	28
Size:	416.8 KB
ID:	949853

Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	949854

Size:	563.0 KB
ID:	949855

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"