Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahimanic
    • Sep 2023

CP-700 Vs. ARC LS1

Hi everyone! It is awesome to find a dedicated space for Classe and it's great to be here!

I have a CA-2200 amp currently paired with an Audio Research LS1 line stage for 2-channel listening. I love my CA-2200 and is thinking about finding it the matching CP-700 preamp to replace the LS1. I read a lot of great things about the CP-700 and it seems to be a significant step up from CP-500.

The LS1 is a hybrid line stage that is pretty neutral and transparent. Although it has 1 tube it still sounds very SS to me. Do you think it will be a big improvement in SQ for me to change to CP-700 or will it be more of a lateral move??

Thanks for your advice!
  • technodanvan
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

Hey ahimanic,

I didn't want to leave you hanging, but the Classe forum hasn't been too popular of late. Without any experience with any of your equipment I can't really say for certain, but I would bet the CP-700 sounds better in most instances.

That said, what are your sources? Digital, CD, vinyl?
    - Danny

Comment

• ahimanic
      • Sep 2023

Hi Danny,

Appreciate your attention in this question! Bummer on the inactivity in the forum but I can also understand that I am asking about legacy old gear that is no longer in production for some time!

I did do a lot of reading on the CP-700 and it is very positive and the fact that it has a separate power supply says it means business.

My source is digital - I am streaming through Apple Music using the Eversolo DMP-A6 streamer with DAC.

Thanks!

Frank

Comment

• technodanvan
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2009

I haven't seen the DMP-A6 before, interesting little device!

I think the only thing I'd have against using the CP-700 is the dated display - which might look especially dated next to the Eversolo. But as long as that doesn't bother you I'll bet it does sound quite good.
        - Danny

Comment

• ahimanic
          ahimanic commented
          Editing a comment
          That Eversolo DMP A6 is like the hot item right now! It caught on like wild fire for the last few months and often sold out. It's getting reviews from a ton of youtubers. I believe it's the only game in town right now if you want to stream direct thru wifi using Apple Music for hi-resolution music. It has native apps for Tidal and Quobuz as well.

It is often compared to the Rose streamer in SQ and functions but at a fraction of the Rose price. The standard edition is going for under $900 while the master edition is about $1200. At first some thumb their noses at the entry price level Chi-fi but now people are pairing it with many high end preamps and amps. I quite like it and I think it does my Classe & B&W speakers justice.

You're absolutely right, the CP-700 TFT display looks very dated but if it leaps over the ARC LS1 in SQ then I'll gladly cover my eyes 😄

Frank
      • theSven
        Master of None
        • Jan 2014

Since I love photos to show devices, speakers, etc here is an image of the Eversolo DMP A6

Click image for larger version

Name:	4fed90f2b4c48974359290ec0f438ddd.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	949390

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230216144733_70179.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	949391

If anyone else is using this device or feels like sharing it would be great to have a new thread started here on the forum with your experience using the DM6. The connectivity is endless with so many options to integrate with.
        Painter in training

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"