X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garak
    • Jul 2007

SSP-800 replacement

Hi guys,

I'm a current SSP-800 owner, but it's getting pretty long in the tooth and I'd like a processor that supports HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2. I was going to wait for the new Classé delta series SSP, which I learned last year on this forum was in development. However, given the recent upheaval at the company, I'd guess that the timeline for the new processor has slipped, or may not see the light of day for a while.

What suggestions do you have for a processor? I have a 5.1 system and don't plan on adding more speakers, so I'm primarily concerned with audio quality as opposed to having the latest features i.e. Dolby Atmos. I need more than one HCDP 2.2 input, so the Sigma SSP MkII is not an option.

Thanks in advance.
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

I honestly don't think you will find much better sounding AV processor out on the market if you only plan to carry on with a 5.1 setup. Much better to keep it and run dual lines where you separate the sound and picture in order to avoid issues with hdmi 2.0 and upwards.
    I have considered going to an Atmos setup many times but simply cannot live with the speakers in the ceeling. Just running the cables would make me go crazy.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"