Anyone with a CDP unit that have had the drive replaced?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

Anyone with a CDP unit that have had the drive replaced?

Hi
    If you are the owner of any of the following CDP models: 102, 202, 300 or 502 and you have had your drive replaced then I hope you can help me by answering the following questions.
    1. Do you happen to know what the brand/model number of the parallel IDE to SATA adapter that was used then please let us know. Alternatively if you have taken a picture then please post it here. H
    Rumors are the adapters are running out at Classé and would like to secure one before it is to late.
    2: The same questions goes for the replacement drive that was used.

Naturally it is normally replaced with a similar kind of drive (CD, DVD-Audio) but was also wondering if someone have replaced with a drive that supports SACD disks as well and if so does it work. Believe the DAC chipset does support SACD - but I could be mistaken...

Thank you in advance.
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

I would really doubt that SACDs would work, as even if the DAC chip does support DSD there is more to it than that. For starters I believe that there needs to be a chip specifically for starters reading SACD data, it's not the drive that supports SACD it's a chip somewhere else that recognises the file system I believe.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"