X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jikdoc
    • Jan 2011

hi pitched noise from CA-5300

Hey there,

I have a high-pitch noise coming from 1 output (rear Left) speaker. It's barely audible but always present and quite annoying. I've switched interconnects from my SSP800 and speaker wires, all the connections are solid and it's always coming from that output. Anyone have an idea of what could be causing it?
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by jikdoc
    Hey there,

I have a high-pitch noise coming from 1 output (rear Left) speaker. It's barely audible but always present and quite annoying. I've switched interconnects from my SSP800 and speaker wires, all the connections are solid and it's always coming from that output. Anyone have an idea of what could be causing it?
    Does it happen with no interconnects?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• jikdoc
      • Jan 2011

hey, i just checked with no interconnects, no hum. i guess it's coming upstream from the amp. have to look at the interconnects, SSP800. it's with all my sources so i suppose it's at the SSP or interconnects. thanks

Comment

• TomScrut
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Nov 2013

Next thing then is SSP with nothing plugged in apart from mains an ICs to the amp

Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• jikdoc
          • Jan 2011

I actually found that the noise occurred when the IC for that channel was plugged all the way in, if i slightly pulled it out, it goes away. Weird! any ideas?

Comment

• TomScrut
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Nov 2013

If they are balanced it's maybe that the shield or one of the connectors isn't contacting or something.

Comment

• aarsoe
              • May 2004

For future reference I would recommend everyone to get one of these or the many copies from other companies.
              Best way to check problems like this one - and thinking of how much we spend on gear in general then this should be a no-brainer..

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"