What preamp are you using with Classe Amplifiers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoundEngine355
    • Feb 2008

What preamp are you using with Classe Amplifiers?

What preamplifier does everyone use with their Classe amplifiers? I am not sold on the CP800 and wondering what other combinations would work well with the amplifiers.
    Last edited by SoundEngine355; 03 November 2015, 04:22 Tuesday.
    SoundEngine355

-------------------
    [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

There's a few, not a ton of them (most likely due to cost).

My guess is B&W is the most common Speaker and the Pre Amplifier can be a mix of any, but a good chance of CP-800 is a decently safe bet.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• TomScrut
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Nov 2013

Why specifically the M600? Any of the later delta or CT amps will provide you with useful information given they are very closely related yet financially more accessible so more people will have them. The M600 is more or less a bridged 2300 and the M300 is a 2300 with one amp module IIRC. As PewterTA says, most people use Classe with B&W, I use my 2300 with 802D2s. And use my DAC directly into it so no pre amp as such but used to have a CP800.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
      Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Old school, Classe' CP-35 while my Lexicon MC12 is down. It's a decent sounding well built older Classe', even has a brushed aluminum remote control.
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• aarsoe
          • May 2004

Older Classé gear is great. CP-700 is a great sounding pre-amp. The older CP-60 and CP-65 are for some reason not that highly valued but they sure sound great.
          Krell is a nice match sound wise but the output level is almost always to high and you will need to address this someway.
          The biggest issue in my oppinion is that the Delta look makes it very hard to find something that will match visually..
          Let us know what decision you made once you have decided on what to buy..

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"