X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whacked!
    • Jun 2009

Touchscreen Display Dead

Hi folks,

Anyone have any issues with their touchscreen display? I've got a CP-500 that recently decided to only flash its display for a moment before blanking out. I've tried resetting the unit by cycling the main power in the back as well as unplugging overnight, this did restore it the first time I did that but the problem returned. I've attempted this a couple times since and still the same results. Everything still works off the remote, I can switch inputs and control the volume, but if I want to get into any menus I'm basically out of luck.

Don't think there is much else I can do except send it in for service, just wondering if anyone else has had their displays repaired and what it might cost - or what the LCD panel model number is. If a panel can be had for reasonable cost, I'd be willing to try putting one in on my own as I'm not sure it's worth a $1000 repair bill? I know there could be other issues than just the touchscreen itself but would seem the easy thing to do short of sending it in.

Thanks in advance for any direction offered.

Norm
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

I had an issue with my SSP-800 display where the touch function stopped working on the top 1/3 of the screen. I contacted B&W (handles all Classe matters in Europe) and got a new display.
    After replacement everything worked perfectly again. So I would recommend you to contact your dealer or B&W/Classé and get help there. Cannot say that I have had a lot of Classé or B&W
    gear fail on me, but when something has happened they have provided fantastic service...

Now, you could try using some contact cleaner spray, but you would most likely void your warranty but it could be something as simple as that..

Comment

• Whacked!
      • Jun 2009

Thanks Aarsoe, I was able to touch base with my dealer yesterday and think that will ultimately be the best route to go. No warranty left so could try some contact cleaner but I don't think that's the problem. A poster in another forum thought it might be the LCD panel back light which seems to be a somewhat common problem with LCD's. This might be an easy fix for a trained tech - but I won't let just anyone under the hood!

Comment

• aarsoe
        • May 2004

The displays are made for long term usage. Don't think it is back light, but could be wrong. Still suggest trying some contact cleaner spray before sending it off. Just remember to disconnect and use moderate amount and let it dry before re-connecting. There is alcohol in it after all..

Comment

• Whacked!
          • Jun 2009

Yeah, I agree that it is worth a shot. Warranty is over so I'm on my own anyway. Might take that on this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"