Which power cbale/setup with a classe integrated?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LED14
    • Oct 2014

Which power cbale/setup with a classe integrated?

Hello people,
    I have a CAP2100 that I use in power-amp mode and I wonder what power cables or extension blocks you use with your gear?

I currently have a Nordost Red Dawn power cable that sounds good (not much better than the cheaper Blue Heaven power cord). It is connected via one of two extension blocks (Tacima CS929 6 Way Mains Conditioner or a Clearer audio Copper-line Alpha Power-HUB 6 Way - both relatively cheap units.

I wonder if plugging the amp straight to the wall (without any surge protection or conditioning would be a better idea? How critical is surge protection in case of a surge? Can it fry my amp?

I'd be grateful for your thoughts,
    Thanks!
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

I believe it is recommended somewhere by Classe to plug straight into the wall. This is what I do anyway.
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• TomScrut
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Nov 2013

Can't find where I read it though
      Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• LED14
        • Oct 2014

Thanks mate.

I wonder what power cable you use or have in the past with Classe amps?

Comment

• LED14
          • Oct 2014

Thanks mate.

I wonder what power cable you use or have in the past with Classe amps?

Comment

• mjb
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

The user manual is here, in case you don't have it: http://www.classeaudio.com/pdfs/Owne...00_ENG_2-1.pdf

On page 8, "The CAP-2100 can easily be powered by a normal 15-ampere AC mains line. If other devices are also powered from the same AC line, their additional power consumption should be taken into account."

The amp has "Over-voltage protection", but it's recommended to "Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms".

I use the power cable that came in the box, and a power outlet for each device. I have a dedicated circuit with a "C" breaker (anti-surge). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_breaker

Sorry I can't help you with exotic power cable recommendations, but it is worth organising a dedicated mains circuit for your audio gear.
            - Mike

Main System:
            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"