CP 800. USB input plays gapless. Ethernet plays not gapless.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gerardhn
    • Jun 2005

CP 800. USB input plays gapless. Ethernet plays not gapless.

Dear Members.

See title.

Do you observe the same phenomenon?

Is this a software (on my side) problem? (Don't believe)

Is this a Classe problem?

We must complain?

Pls react.
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

Ethernet will not play gapless and never will according to the conversation I had with Classe UK this last week. I emailed them asking if gapless playback was likely to be added in the future and also about the alleged android app and they said they had no intention of adding hapless playback.

USB is gapless as your PC just streams bits to the DAC, the CP doesn't know or care what song its playing. With Ethernet the CP finds the song and streams it but unfortunately cannot find the next song and have it play it seamlessly which is a shame.
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• gerardhn
      • Jun 2005

Tom,
      Thx for the response.
      Indeed a bloody shame. Especially when you think that "pioneer, marantz etc" streamers costing less than the upgrade board can do that job,

We must complain.

Comment

• TomScrut
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Nov 2013

Well I knew it didn't do gapless from when it was first announced. But yes it's a shame. I am enjoying using it as a streamer though now I have messed about with my media server it works better than controlling JRMC remotely.
        Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• gerardhn
          • Jun 2005

Tom,
          for me it was so not clear from the beginning.

Now i use SOTM SmS 100 as ethernet -> USB converter

nothing to complain , about sound quality and all apps supporting all option in it (Lochitech Media Server) ... but did cost € $.

Comment

• TomScrut
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Nov 2013

Looks pretty cool does that SOTM. Any comparison with the Auralic Aries?

Comment

• gerardhn
              • Jun 2005

Hi Tom,

It looks like you are a connaisseur (French but I think british do understand).

Today I had possibility to audit the Aurelic! I did not. (Sotm 500, Aurelic LE 1000, Aurelic 1500 €)
              The sotm is a very good thing. Very good working with LMS/Ipeng and many others. Sounds amazing. (I upgraded it with BoTW lineair 9V power supply. Bought 2 nd hand. Why not?)

BTW I have same stereo as you.

Comment

• mjb
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Tom, have a look here: http://www.vortexbox.co.uk
                - Mike

Main System:
                B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• TomScrut
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Nov 2013

Haha so you have good taste Gerard!

I am currently using an Intel NUC with JRMC but I am just interested in the devices that go from Ethernet to USB.

Comment

• gerardhn
                    • Jun 2005

Tom,

there are 2 validated ones. Small boxes, no windows, no drivers, no complicated heavy USA Jriver. Just put Music on NAS and shoot.

Sotm (korea) and Aurelic (china).

The thing I blame myself (or all Europeans should do) : why is the clever SOTM/Aurelic solution not invented and sold by any EU company???

This is deeper global question I realize...

Good evening!

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by gerardhn
                      The thing I blame myself (or all Europeans should do) : why is the clever SOTM/Aurelic solution not invented and sold by any EU company???
                      Well the Auralic Aries is based on code devised by Linn (in Scotland) and both runs on a processor devised by ARM (in Cambridge).

Not exactly what you meant but there you go...

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by TomScrut
                        Haha so you have good taste Gerard!

I am currently using an Intel NUC with JRMC but I am just interested in the devices that go from Ethernet to USB.
                        Tom... Have you looked at the J.River iD?

Comment

• TomScrut
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Audio_ElF
                          Tom... Have you looked at the J.River iD?
                          I did have a look at it a while ago. Not too bothered about it though, not really any different to what I have except without as much functionality!

I aren't looking to buy anything just interested in what others thought of the one box plug and play solutions

Comment

• gerardhn
                            • Jun 2005

Hi audio ef

I go nowhere. These are asian products. There no eu equivalents at that price. As far as i know there no patents violated. Anybody is free to use what is available on the market. Reversely iam sure that scottisch Linn uses many asian components. The end product is however scottisch.
                            So for me not so clear or obvious what you want to express.

Comment

• TomScrut
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by gerardhn
                              Hi audio ef

I go nowhere. These are asian products. There no eu equivalents at that price. As far as i know there no patents violated. Anybody is free to use what is available on the market. Reversely iam sure that scottisch Linn uses many asian components. The end product is however scottisch.
                              So for me not so clear or obvious what you want to express.

Linn may use chips from abroad but the circuit boards cases etc and R&D is done in Scotland.

And as audio elf also says, the openhome standard which is both used by Linn and Auralic (and more should use it) was developed in part by Linn

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"