• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Erik LeBeau
    • Nov 2014

Power amp with A/B speakers zones.

Question:

I already have a CP-800.

If I get a CA-2100 amp. Is it possible to make a setup with two zones A and B speakers ? And if yes, is there an additional setting in the CP-800 that I can mute one zone so they are not playing at the same time.
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

Not with just one amp, as you have too many speakers for that amp. You would need two separate amps. Then you make three configurations on the CP800. One with both sets of outputs enabled, one with one set of outputs enabled and then a third with the other. If you want both zones running, config 1. The other two have the two different zones individually.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• TomScrut
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Nov 2013

I have set my CP800 like this with a separate zone for some in ceiling speakers.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
      Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Erik LeBeau
        • Nov 2014

Thanks tom
        What amps do you use ?

Comment

• TomScrut
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Nov 2013

I have a CA2300 for my main setup. Then just a cheap old Rotel RB850 for powering my in ceiling speakers on the second zone. I don't have them playing at the same time ever but it's a way to get music downstairs without another system

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"