X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leo2498
    • Feb 2012

Blown diamond tweeter 804 by classe CA2300

Hi guys someone would know what the next eventlong mean in a classe amplifier?
    I took this image when I found my amp returned to my home in my CP800 attached.
    yesterday I found the CA-2300 blinking in red and one of my tweeter smashed, this amp was repaired only 3 weeks ago and the report was the left channel defective; me dealer received from classe a new frame with both channel so he said that it not is fault of classe but I wondering if anyone could guide me about how I can get the guilty.
    Attached Files
    Leo,
    Saludos
    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.
  • londoner
    • Apr 2009

See the CA-2300 manual page 26, which has text descriptions of error logs. I'm guessing that

DCP = DC protection trip - DC output level has reached safe limit
    FB+ = +ve fast blo trip - peak current has reached safe limit

What that actually implies for your situation I don't know

Comment

• leo2498
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by londoner
      See the CA-2300 manual page 26, which has text descriptions of error logs. I'm guessing that

DCP = DC protection trip - DC output level has reached safe limit
      FB+ = +ve fast blo trip - peak current has reached safe limit

What that actually implies for your situation I don't know
      thanks for your answer, yes It's possible to guess that is the meaning of the log but the main problem was that amp not protected my speaker like the manual said, even when I used a panamax M5400-PM to protect all my electronic. BTW I had connected other amp a parasound A31 to the same line and the panamax(both amplifiers was connected to high current switch) so I wondering why the parasound not damaged the other 3 diamond speakers that i had connecte to it. I wondering why only one speaker(the left channel) was damaged if both speaker(right and left) was connected to the classe.
      Leo,
      Saludos
      My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• TomScrut
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Nov 2013

Surely it only protects the speaker when it comes to clipping not under any other circumstances?
        Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• leo2498
          • Feb 2012

if anyone need this information the event logs mean:

"Your amplifier’s HS 2 entered DC protection in the first minute this is generally produced by a loud pop through the input of the amp, then fast blow rail was triggered after 3 minutes on HS 2 and HS 1 after 27 minutes caused by a loud spike through the amp."

Londoner you was right.

I have a doubt with this, I believe that an amp recive a analog signal from the preamplifier then It will convert to Digital this signal next will amplified and final it will convert again to Analog, so I'm wondering if the problem was in DC and the amplification rail why it is possible that the problem came from the preamp?

I'm just waiting to a deed analysis by classe from the situation and I will let the forum knows.
          Last edited by leo2498; 14 August 2014, 15:42 Thursday.
          Leo,
          Saludos

Comment

• TomScrut
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Nov 2013

I don't think you are right. The DC rail will be at peak voltage for the amplifiers to take current from when amplifying the input signal (which will always be a variable voltage, not exactly AC). What I think they are trying to say is that there was a very loud input signal which overloaded the DC rail so it went into protection.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
            Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• leo2498
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by TomScrut
              I don't think you are right. The DC rail will be at peak voltage for the amplifiers to take current from when amplifying the input signal (which will always be a variable voltage, not exactly AC). What I think they are trying to say is that there was a very loud input signal which overloaded the DC rail so it went into protection.

thanks TomScrut; I'm sorry now I see my mistake when posted my last comments, I modified this to avoid misunderstanding. When I posted "DC" I not mean direct current, I mean digital signal (sorry about that). it was the same to "AC" I wanted to say analog signal. the problem that I saw was if any signal affect DC protection within of the amp is because the amp had some part of the guilt and if this damaged my speaker something internally in the amp this protection does not work.

I wondering if this kind of equipment will not be designed to avoid that a bad signal from the preamplifier could damage the speakers, I know that the protection mode is designed to do this but in my case I think it was not effective. BTW my preamp is a CP800 and when I return to my home the day that it happened this incident the preamp was in its network input with volume "---" that mean the signal was sending totally attenuated.

I wondering if all my equipment is under warranty (preamp, amp, speakers) who do you think that will be responsible to repair my system. I'm asking to the forum not only to TomScrut.
              thanks
              Leo,
              Saludos

Comment

• TomScrut
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Nov 2013

I have no idea who is to blame as it also depends on how loud you were playing when it went! I don't think this will be the case to be honest but I don't know. Have you spoken to B&W about it? It's not unknown for the diamond tweeters to go on their own and that could maybe have caused your overload on your amp if something in the tweeters shorted perhaps? Just thinking out loud here

Comment

• leo2498
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by TomScrut
                  I have no idea who is to blame as it also depends on how loud you were playing when it went! I don't think this will be the case to be honest but I don't know. Have you spoken to B&W about it? It's not unknown for the diamond tweeters to go on their own and that could maybe have caused your overload on your amp if something in the tweeters shorted perhaps? Just thinking out loud here

thanks TomScrut,
                  yes this is how my dealer is doing (the warranty process with B&W), I hope get an answer soon but I want to know what happened. BTW this happened practically in mute option because the preamp was in "---" volume , this mean under 90 in the CP800 display.
                  Leo,
                  Saludos

Comment

• TomScrut
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Nov 2013

Hmm. Hard to say what the problem is then! CP or CA

Comment

• leo2498
                      • Feb 2012

I'm working hard with this I will let you know when I recover all the information.
                      Leo,
                      Saludos

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"