X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leo2498
    • Feb 2012

Making audio filter CP-800

Someone have used this option in his CP-800? it's possible get a manual or guide of how you can do it? Which tool you will need for do it?
    Thanks.
    Leo,
    Saludos
    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.
  • windshear
    • Dec 2004

Are you referring to the Parametric equalisation (PEQ) ?

Comment

• TomScrut
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Nov 2013

If so you need something like REW with a calibrated mic, it can generate the filters you need to input
      Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• leo2498
        • Feb 2012

I mean that you can use the filters that CP800 have to optimize the room problems and then improve the sound, In the manual said about that we can asking to our dealer or profesional engineer to do that but I wondering if I can do it for myself or if any one could share this information.

"The CP-800 Parametric EQ capability allows you to build very precise digital audio filters to help compensate for fixed sonic irregularities defined by the location and characteristics of your speakers, your room and your listening position in the room. These filters should be constructed based upon audio measurements made by a well-qualified acoustical engineer. These powerful filters are made available in a completely manual fashion to help your professional installer give you the best listening experience possible."
        Leo,
        Saludos
        My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• TomScrut
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Nov 2013

From what I have seen it is pretty self explanatory as long as you are familiar with the parameters of a parametric eq
          Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• leo2498
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by TomScrut
            From what I have seen it is pretty self explanatory as long as you are familiar with the parameters of a parametric eq
            I want start to use this feature so that is why I looking for infomation or guide, I'm a electronic engineer so I think is possible for me to do it. I will looking in google about it but I a little confuse with usb mic vs the other and this kind of stuff. BTW Tom I saw that you have a 8801 with classe How is it? what was your previous processor? do you think that could be a move forward from my denon avr 3310?
            Leo,
            Saludos

Comment

• TomScrut
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Nov 2013

With REW use a minidsp UMIK1 as they were developed together. Then you can generate filters based on your measurements in REW and you can set parameters such as max freq, amount of filters etc based on what you want and what your dsp can do.

The marantz is good, I went from an ssp300 and although I miss the touch screen and awesome looking case I do think the marantz is better, there is not question of this functionality wise but my confidence in its abilities as an analogue pre are also growing

Comment

• leo2498
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by TomScrut
                With REW use a minidsp UMIK1 as they were developed together. Then you can generate filters based on your measurements in REW and you can set parameters such as max freq, amount of filters etc based on what you want and what your dsp can do.

The marantz is good, I went from an ssp300 and although I miss the touch screen and awesome looking case I do think the marantz is better, there is not question of this functionality wise but my confidence in its abilities as an analogue pre are also growing
                thank for your imputs, for two channel I'm very happy but for multichannel I'm not convinced that a new processor will give me more than my denon, I can get a marantz with a 25% less so I have the itchy. the dac's in the marantz to your ears is better than the classe SSP?
                Leo,
                Saludos

Comment

• TomScrut
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Nov 2013

Well it is in the respect that it can handle the HD blu ray audio which you can't even get into an SSP300 digitally and maintain bitrate, so yes it performs better with movies than the SSP.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"