X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leo2498
    • Feb 2012

Classe CA-2300 whent down

hi guys yesterday I was watching tv a normal listening level maybe 70 or 75 db max when I heard a pop sound from my 805D(the amp was connected to my 805d) :cry:, the sound stopped and my ca2300 went to protection mode (the status led blinking in red). I tried to see what the amp was saying in its status option in the cp800 but then the status led went to blue/red blinking option so I decided to read the manual again to know what I needed to do. I unplugged all the input cables in the amp and I turned on again the amp but now the blinking led and the amp is not working anymore, any idea what could happened? I talked to my dealer but he said that only the next week he can recieve the amp. I'm very worried with this if my dealer took almost 4 month to bring to my country my amp, I not want to think how much time he need for fix it. I don't know what was wrong but It was working almost 8 month in this set up and the only change I did was put the 805D in the front and this was working fine since 3 month ago, so someone have a clue what could happened?

It is possible that a High end amp could damage in only 8 month of use?
    I saw a mcintosh amp go to protection mode with a 803D a very loud level of sound but it came to life again with only turn off and turn on, it's possible that Classe is a weak product? BTW the preamp CP800 still working so I think the problem is in the amplifier side.
    Leo,
    Saludos
    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

When my 5200 goes into protection mode it needs unplugging from the mains. Have you done this? You only mention the interconnects so I dont know!
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• leo2498
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by TomScrut
      When my 5200 goes into protection mode it needs unplugging from the mains. Have you done this? You only mention the interconnects so I dont know!
      Yes I did, all input and output are disconnected. even I tried a different cord and different outlet of electric net.
      Leo,
      Saludos
      My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• londoner
        • Apr 2009

Leo,

Flashing alternating red/blue simply means that the air intake filter needs to be cleaned. This happens if it detects the filter is clogged or after every 2,000 hours of operation.

The fix is to press and hold the standby button to reset the amplifier (and clean the filter if it needs it).

See page 27 (care and maintenance), page 26 (comment about event log and air intake filter) and page 11 (description of LED indicator modes) in the operating manual.

With luck this should fix your problem and save you returning your amplifier to the dealer.

Comment

• leo2498
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by londoner
          Leo,

Flashing alternating red/blue simply means that the air intake filter needs to be cleaned. This happens if it detects the filter is clogged or after every 2,000 hours of operation.

The fix is to press and hold the standby button to reset the amplifier (and clean the filter if it needs it).

See page 27 (care and maintenance), page 26 (comment about event log and air intake filter) and page 11 (description of LED indicator modes) in the operating manual.

With luck this should fix your problem and save you returning your amplifier to the dealer.
          thanks londoner, the blinking red/blue led was because I tried to see what the amp said about its status in the CP800 but now I get nothing from the amp, the amp is only 8 month old so I can guess that it's only 300 hours max in its use, the filter only you will need to check after 2000 hours. I talked to my dealer and he said that he need to see the amp so for now if any one have another clue I will be grateful.
          Leo,
          Saludos

Comment

• londoner
            • Apr 2009

It does sound as though you have a problem then, which is a shame. My only other thought is that when I reset mine you had to press and hold the standby button for several seconds before it reset. You could try that if you haven't, otherwise I guess it's a trip to the dealer, as you say.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"