X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LorenzoStDubois
    • Dec 2013

Having folks over for a listen

Having some audiophiles over tonight to give a listen to my new ca-m600's. They own McIntosh, Pass Labs, Krell and Audio Research. Should be an interesting evening.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

How'd it go!?!? I'd love to grab a pair of CA-M600s!!!!!!! What speakers are you using on them!?
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• LorenzoStDubois
      • Dec 2013

Had 7 audiophiles over. There was some general consensus, all were surprised how good the system sounded, none of them have ever listened to this level Classe system before. We are all familiar with a Mc system in the same price range as the Classe system, most thought the Classe system sounded better, quite a bit better, more controlled and smoother. One listener thought this was the best he ever heard the 802's sound, and he has listened to a lot of set ups with 802's. The Krell fan still liked his system better though it cost 2x as much as the Classe system.

Regards,
      LSD

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

That's great! Now it definitely makes me want the CA-M600s as my last set of amps!
        -Dan

Comment

• Sasha99
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by PewterTA
          That's great! Now it definitely makes me want the CA-M600s as my last set of amps!
          Go for it, I got mines last weekend. It is just unreal....I did not know that my speakers (Revel Studio 2) could go as deep and stay controlled in any situation.
          Overall, it is a huge jump for me from my CA 2200. They are probably good for life.
          Happy listening
          Sasha

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Well the problem is more the price tag at the moment.... because I'd like to get them plus a second PS Audio P10 Power regenerator to power them with... plus two dedicated 20 amp lines installed... So it's just a lot of money.

I think I'll start with a CP-800... first... maybe.
            -Dan

Comment

• LorenzoStDubois
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Sasha99
              Go for it, I got mines last weekend. It is just unreal....I did not know that my speakers (Revel Studio 2) could go as deep and stay controlled in any situation.
              Overall, it is a huge jump for me from my CA 2200. They are probably good for life.
              Happy listening
              Sasha
              Sasha, if you like them now wait until you get around 300 hours on them!
              LSD

Comment

• LorenzoStDubois
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by PewterTA
                Well the problem is more the price tag at the moment.... because I'd like to get them plus a second PS Audio P10 Power regenerator to power them with... plus two dedicated 20 amp lines installed... So it's just a lot of money.

I think I'll start with a CP-800... first... maybe.
                The longest journey starts with the first step. I started with the cp-800 myself.
                LSD

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"