X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zigggy
    • Dec 2013

CA-2300 .HEX file (firmware)

Does anyone have the v1.08 firmware for the CA-2300. I have updated to v 1.09 and my amp is not working. I want to try to get back to v1.08. I called Classe but they say they dont have the previous .hex file :-(......Thanks in advance
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

Might sound like a silly question but have you tried doing the update again? And don't they have any idea what is wrong with it?
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Zigggy
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by TomScrut
      Might sound like a silly question but have you tried doing the update again? And don't they have any idea what is wrong with it?
      I try 10 times, I always end up with a steady red and blue light, and no, no idea. If someone can post the v1.08 I would be happy to try it and comment. thanks

Comment

• windshear
        • Dec 2004

Have you done an update before on the amplifier. Did you do the front panel update first before doing the heatsink update? I suggest unplugging the power and leaving the unit for at least an hour, to clear the microprocessor memory then try again. Also if using the canbus try unplugging it with just the terminator on the output, if using an external trigger unplug it. See if any of these options work.

Comment

• Zigggy
          • Dec 2013

Yes I did the front panel first. I left it unplug all night. I have disconnected everything...... No one have the v.1.08 on their classe usb key ??

Comment

• windshear
            • Dec 2004

I didn't know the amp came with a usb key. I can check when I get back next week.

Comment

• Zigggy
              • Dec 2013

Ok thanks

Comment

• kpodolski
                • Jun 2006

Ziggy, I have a Classe Delta Amp diagnostic utility. The Delta Interface User Installer generates diagnostic reports that help troubleshoot Delta series amps. It will not fix anything but it lets you know what the heck is going on inside your amp. The utility is from 2007 so I'm not sure if it will run with Windows Vista/7/8. I have an older HP laptop running XP that I keep around for utilities like these. I've used it on my CA-5200 with no problems.

PM me if you are interested.....
                The second place winner is the first place loser.

An argument with reality is one you'll never win.

If you are offended, you are complicit in the outrage.

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser." Gen. Patton

Comment

• Zigggy
                  • Dec 2013

PM sent thanks

Comment

• bonehead
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Zigggy
                    Does anyone have the v1.08 firmware for the CA-2300. I have updated to v 1.09 and my amp is not working. I want to try to get back to v1.08. I called Classe but they say they dont have the previous .hex file :-(......Thanks in advance
                    I have a CA-2300 with 1.09 and it works fine. I think your amp is broken.:cry:
                    Why don't you just take it to Classe for warranty repair? If you are in Montreal they are close to you and could probably fix it quickly.

Comment

• Zigggy
                      • Dec 2013

No more warranty

Comment

• TomScrut
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Zigggy
                        No more warranty
                        I thought they had 5 years?
                        Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• bonehead
                          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by TomScrut
                          I thought they had 5 years?
                          They do offer 5 years.
                          If the amp had v1.8 loaded then it's less than 5 years old so should be on warranty.
                          Unless there is more to the story. Ziggy did you buy from one of the montreal dealers or out of country? Was it repair before?

Comment

• TomScrut
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Nov 2013

Well can a 2300 be older than 5 years anyway I thought it only came out in 2010?

Comment

• Zigggy
                              • Dec 2013

Finally took it back to Robert at Classé..... This one is not warranty anymore it came from a justice sale ...

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"