X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leo2498
    • Feb 2012

Warm Classe CP-800 Issue

Hello guys, I wondering if many of owner of CP800 have the same issue that I have with my new preamp, I put it in a semi sealed cabinet(in the back have a small portion to conectivity but is open in front); I touched it after 3 or 4 hours of continued use and it was a little warmed(no too Hot but a little over warm) so I wondering if I need to worry about it or this is normal for this preamp.

this is the cabinet if you need information about it:

Leo,
    Saludos
    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.
  • slauten
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by leo2498
    Hello guys, I wondering if many of owner of CP800 have the same issue that I have with my new preamp, I put it in a semi sealed cabinet(in the back have a small portion to conectivity but is open in front); I touched it after 3 or 4 hours of continued use and it was a little warmed(no too Hot but a little over warm) so I wondering if I need to worry about it or this is normal for this preamp.

this is the cabinet if you need information about it:

Leo-I doubt this is a problem, being slightly warm is usually normal. However...simply go to the info Home page on your screen of the CP 800, then Status. You should be able to see the temperature of the unit, and your amp too if you have CAN bus hooked up.

See Ya,
    Steve

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

It should be able to breath, and I think Classé specify several inches of clearance on all sides in their manual. If its just "warm", you're probably OK, but, "hot" is a no-no. When I had my gear in a similar cabinet, I took a saw and enlarged to rear hole to just smaller than the unit itself - so you couldn't see it from the front. Doing this made a big difference. Depending how accessible the shelves are, you could put a couple of 3 inch holes in the middle of them to help with convection. Now I have my kit on, not in, a cabinet, but this can be difficult to get WAF authorisation for
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• leo2498
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by slauten
        Leo-I doubt this is a problem, being slightly warm is usually normal. However...simply go to the info Home page on your screen of the CP 800, then Status. You should be able to see the temperature of the unit, and your amp too if you have CAN bus hooked up.

See Ya,
        Steve
        many thanks steve, I looked this sub menu and I went to the "more arrow" then "can bus divices" and I selected CP800 and all parameter(included temperature) said unavailable information, the version of firware is 1.04 It is a problem from the CP800? in the amp side I can see the temperature 36 and for HS1 48C max.
        Leo,
        Saludos
        My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• leo2498
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by mjb
          It should be able to breath, and I think Classé specify several inches of clearance on all sides in their manual. If its just "warm", you're probably OK, but, "hot" is a no-no. When I had my gear in a similar cabinet, I took a saw and enlarged to rear hole to just smaller than the unit itself - so you couldn't see it from the front. Doing this made a big difference. Depending how accessible the shelves are, you could put a couple of 3 inch holes in the middle of them to help with convection. Now I have my kit on, not in, a cabinet, but this can be difficult to get WAF authorisation for

Thanks mike, in the back side I have a hole about 17" of wide and almost 4" of high so I thought that this hole was enough big it is very close to the size of the preamp. I'm fabricating a new rack but I'm wondering how big need to be for proper ventilation.
          Leo,
          Saludos

Comment

• leo2498
            • Feb 2012

I just read that the CP800 not have temperature sensor so this information is not available.
            Leo,
            Saludos

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

I wonder why it would read the temperature of the amps and not of itself.... that seems odd.
              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
              -Dan

Comment

• leo2498
                • Feb 2012

the really odd thing is it have a submenu that say "temperature: information unavailable" 8O
                Leo,
                Saludos

Comment

• slauten
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by leo2498
                  the really odd thing is it have a submenu that say "temperature: information unavailable" 8O
                  I checked my CP-800 and SSP-800 tonight, along with my other Classe amps and CD player. The CP-800 and SSP-800 did not give any temperature info, and like yours said: information unavailable.

See Ya,
                  Steve

Comment

• RebelMan
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

You can get temperature info from the status->sensors submenu. Have you checked there? For the amps you'll need to delve down to the CAN-Bus menus, assuming you are using the feature.
                    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• leo2498
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by RebelMan
                      You can get temperature info from the status->sensors submenu. Have you checked there? For the amps you'll need to delve down to the CAN-Bus menus, assuming you are using the feature.
                      this sub menu is only for the SSP800? in the CP800 it have only device, serial, firmware version, connector y signal.
                      thanks.
                      Leo,
                      Saludos

Comment

• RebelMan
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

Yes. The CP-800 works a little differently on some things. Could be addressed in a firmware update though. I mean to pass some requests along.
                        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"