This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikos
    • Dec 2005

Read the first paragraph on the second column above the picture of the amp.
    Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• Glen B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2004

I have read most but not every Classé review, especially when it comes to the smaller publications, so it is possible to miss one. "About 1/3" is an approximation, just like the "official" factory statement that the legacy amps put out "approximately 20 percent of their rated power" in class A. I went back and looked at some old Classé reviews. In their review of the Omega stereo amp, Stereophile Magazine did note the amp as delivering 110W in class A, about 24.5% of its rated output (450W). In their review of the Omegas monos, they said the amps ran in class A between 30 and 35% of rated power. Again, all approximate numbers. I don't think a few percent here or there matters that much, if at all. Its interesting to note that the latest models put out less class A power. Classé must obviously think there is more to performance than just class A numbers.

Comment

• mjb
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Glen B
        I don't think a few percent here or there matters that much, if at all.
        Classé must obviously think there is more to performance than just class A numbers.
        Exactly.
        - Mike

Main System:
        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• nikos
          • Dec 2005

For sure... Never complained about the sound especially after that elusive warm up period... I know my grin can care less for the a, a-b , or d .

I know I'm a happy camper with my pre and amp combo.

Was just trying to make sense of it all...

Cheers
          Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• RebelMan
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

It was explained to me using a relay race as an analogy what the sliding bias is really doing. In short, the Delta I's need more passing time when transferring (switching) the baton between the runners (transistor modes). The fundamental issue here is how each series deals with minimizing the distortion in the best way possible given their architecture. The Delta II's have tighter tolerances and are able to minimize crossover distortion better than the Delta I's thereby getting away with a lower threshold where the switching occurs.
            "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"