X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windshear
    • Dec 2004

So i caved in ....

Finally bought a CP800. I would call it bad timing since the replacement board is just around the corner. However we are being killed by an exchange rate that is just ruining the buying experience and getting worse. The local currency has depreciated by 50% in the last 15 months.
  • BWLover
    • Jan 2009

Where are you from?

Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk app
    Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
    Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
    Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
    Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
    Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
    Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
    Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
    Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
    Playstation 3
    Shaw HD PVR
    Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by windshear
      Finally bought a CP800.
      Congrats. I'm interested to hear your experiences after a few listening hours.
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• leo2498
        • Feb 2012

you are not alone, I bought of mine 3 weeks ago and I still waiting for this come to my country , my dealer need a month to get this in my country. It was a hard decision because in few month the new board will be ready but always I wondering if the new options(airplay and 24/192K usb) are for me, I not have many HD music and my experience with airplay is not good so I went for it.
        Leo,
        Saludos
        My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• windshear
          • Dec 2004

Im from South Africa BWlover. mjb I had tested the CP800 about a year ago and at that time I found it very similar in sound to my Oppo BDP95. Even now I stand by that assessment. Compared to my Onkyo PRSC5509 processor, the soundstage is more open(bigger soundstage) and a touch warmer. I need to integrate my subwoofers for stereo listening as that's one thing I miss from the processor side. I feel one grows accustomed to a certain type of sound and something different is not necessarily better only different. I need to add a bit more life to my room as it was designed primarily for HT so has a quick decay rate. Its a case of finding the best compromise as my HT side of things is brilliant at the moment.

I have a pair of CAM600's from my dealer that I borrowed to test against my CA2300. It seems he is in no hurry to fetch them again, I might as well make the most of it while they are here.

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Nice!!!

I hope to one day cave in and get myself a cp-800... just have to wait and see if/when that ever happens!
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"