X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sasha99
    • Dec 2010

Cp 800 usb & streaming is coming

Good evening everyone

I would like to share with Classe community what I have seen on Montreal Audio show last weekend.
    First of all, USB @ 24/192 is ready to go.
    Streaming over ethernet connection is ready as well.
    It is all part of the same (new) board.
    Robert Adam from Classe was giving me a tour of how it was made what it includes.
    There are still some details that are missing, on streaming side. There are no exact specs yet. But new board is ready, it is probably just about proper programing and testing.

Price wise, Classe will increase prices for CP800 with new modifications. Existing customers like myself will only pay the difference between 2 models.
    Exact pricing is not ready yet either.

Thanks for reading this.
    Happy listening!
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Sasha99
    Good evening everyone

I would like to share with Classe community what I have seen on Montreal Audio show last weekend.
    Robert Adam from Classe was giving me a tour of how it was made what it includes.
    There are still some details that are missing, on streaming side. There are no exact specs yet. But new board is ready, it is probably just about proper programing and testing.

Price wise, Classe will increase prices for CP800 with new modifications. Existing customers like myself will only pay the difference between 2 models.

Thanks for reading this.
    Happy listening!

Thank you
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

I've been waiting to hear this... this is why I've been holding off on getting the new CP-800... once this happens... ugh... I think I'm going to have to charge it..... lol Course then once that's paid off... then I'll have to charge some monoblocks....

Will the madness never end!!!! Oh yeah they're called Nautilus. 8D

Can't wait to get the CP-800, I love my modded Rotel RB-1098... an once I get the Classe I'll get the opamps swapped out of the Rotel for much better onces...probably end up making the systems sound very similar... not a bad thing I would think! Just can't take the downtime from my current setup to have the unit modified!
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• gerardhn
        • Jun 2005

I wonder how the touch screen will work during streaming? We will see
        A blue white album art?. Will you be able to browse your music collection from it?
        Of course there will be an app.

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

I'm going to guess no album art on the screen... just the info. I would think you could easily do a folder view (albeit a limited number of characters which could make it difficult to display everything). I'd say hopefully you're right on the app part!!!
          -Dan

Comment

• cossie0
            • May 2008

Thanks for the information I was beginning to think that it was never going to come.

Comment

• mjb
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by PewterTA
              I've been waiting to hear this... this is why I've been holding off on getting the new CP-800... once this happens... ugh... I think I'm going to have to charge it..... lol
              Just what I was thinking, lol.
              - Mike

Main System:
              B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
              Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• leo2498
                • Feb 2012

Good evening everyone

Thanks for reading this.
                Happy listening!
                Hi anyone know if this version is already released my dealer is selling me this and I not want be cheated.
                thanks.
                Leo,
                Saludos
                My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• PewterTA
                  • Nov 2004

Nope not yet, half way to third quarter of this year at the earliest.
                  -Dan

Comment

• slauten
                    • Aug 2011

This is worse than waiting for the ketchup to flow from the bottle. Anticipation...your making me wait! I know be patient it's worth the wait. I say patience be damned...I want my board now it's been long enough!

See Ya,
                    Steve

Comment

• PewterTA
                      • Nov 2004

I want a CP-800 without having to pay for it.... lol
                      -Dan

Comment

• leo2498
                        • Feb 2012

I want a CP-800 without having to pay for it.... lol
                        jajaja yes I want a CP800 free too, but it will never happen. BTW I asked to classe for news from this board release date and he say only will be release to early of this summer. I'm in a cross road because I paied for it (my dealer sold this board) but I know that it not will come with this so i have only two choice; receive this old board and get the new after or cancel my deal.
                        Leo,
                        Saludos
                        My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• PewterTA
                          • Nov 2004

That would be a tough call... Definitely.
                          I would see how long it will take to install. I mean if you're going to be without it for like 3 weeks while it gets put in... then is it worth getting it and having that done?!

I for one... am one of those people that doesn't like things messed with inside of things. On the other hand I don't mind me messing with things internally.... so I can't really explain that. ha ha.

But all in all one half of me would prefer the board be in there when I get it.... the other half doesn't like 1st generation "tests" of new pieces... lol
                          -Dan

Comment

• leo2498
                            • Feb 2012

That would be a tough call... Definitely.
                            I would see how long it will take to install. I mean if you're going to be without it for like 3 weeks while it gets put in... then is it worth getting it and having that done?!

I for one... am one of those people that doesn't like things messed with inside of things. On the other hand I don't mind me messing with things internally.... so I can't really explain that. ha ha.

But all in all one half of me would prefer the board be in there when I get it.... the other half doesn't like 1st generation "tests" of new pieces... lol
                            Yes it is a tough decision, I not really want airplay because I get this with my apple tv and I had some problem with my wifi red because some times it did stop to load the data and I prefer that this not happen. so I wondering if anyone know what really come with this new board? only airplay? the usb 24/192K is available in the old board?

the good thing it's that I can use this advance to get a CA2300.
                            Leo,
                            Saludos

Comment

• leo2498
                              • Feb 2012

classe have delayed again the date release of the new ethernet board for the CP800, so I will need to wait more for it.
                              Leo,
                              Saludos

Comment

• londoner
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by leo2498
                                classe have delayed again the date release of the new ethernet board for the CP800, so I will need to wait more for it.
                                Hi Leo, did Classe say anything specific about when the new board will eventually be released?

Comment

• leo2498
                                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by londoner
                                  Hi Leo, did Classe say anything specific about when the new board will eventually be released?
                                  yep they said it's possible august or september but they had been delayed this release maybe three times before, we still be waiting
                                  Leo,
                                  Saludos

Comment

• PewterTA
                                    • Nov 2004

I know that sucks for you, but makes me happy because hopefully they are getting it right... and two... I can start saving for it and get the unit later in the year or the beginning of the year.
                                    -Dan

Comment

• leo2498
                                      • Feb 2012

I know that sucks for you, but makes me happy because hopefully they are getting it right... and two... I can start saving for it and get the unit later in the year or the beginning of the year.

jajaja I know it but this waiting is killing me! for now I'm considering to get the amplifier first because I put my advance two month ago although I think that I can't hear a big improvement without the preamplifier :roll:

the good thing is that I'm on vacation and here in sweden there are a dealer having the CP800 connected to the CAM300 so finally I can hear your dream combo the next wenesday, so If this is good for my ears I will go with the CA2300 right away!
                                      Leo,
                                      Saludos

Comment

• PewterTA
                                        • Nov 2004

I agree, I don't think you'll hear as much of a difference with the amp over the pre (but I think that's just in general on anything, pre amps tend to show differences more easily than amps).

However, I think you'll notice the difference in the dynamics and the transient parts of music. Can never really have too much good power!!!

I'd probably do the same thing in your boat, get the amp now... and then when the pre becomes available work towards getting that. I've always bought my amp before my pre... I like having more flexibility with getting a pre which may or may not work with my amp...but knowing I have a solid amp makes me feel better.
                                        -Dan

Comment

• leo2498
                                          • Feb 2012

I agree, I don't think you'll hear as much of a difference with the amp over the pre (but I think that's just in general on anything, pre amps tend to show differences more easily than amps).

However, I think you'll notice the difference in the dynamics and the transient parts of music. Can never really have too much good power!!!

I'd probably do the same thing in your boat, get the amp now... and then when the pre becomes available work towards getting that. I've always bought my amp before my pre... I like having more flexibility with getting a pre which may or may not work with my amp...but knowing I have a solid amp makes me feel better.
                                          Well I listened the classe combo with the 802 in a very awful room, the worst sound than I ever hear it but I supposed that is a fail of the room instead of the equipment because I had hear the 802 before and the performance was awesome but that is an example that how a good equipment could be ruined by a room. the seller said that the new ethernet board will improve all the digital inputs performance so this is a plus for wait for it be released, the new amp will be the option for me now.
                                          Leo,
                                          Saludos

Comment

• windshear
                                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by leo2498
                                            Yes it is a tough decision, I not really want airplay because I get this with my apple tv and I had some problem with my wifi red because some times it did stop to load the data and I prefer that this not happen. so I wondering if anyone know what really come with this new board? only airplay? the usb 24/192K is available in the old board?

the good thing it's that I can use this advance to get a CA2300.
                                            The new board should be able to do 24/192k, that's not currently available. It will be able to have IP control as well as network streaming. As you have mentioned it has been delayed, my dealer also indicates 2 months later now.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • Mar 2005

WiFi will not be part of the new board's specifications, although it didn't start out that way. The board will still support Airplay via tethered Ethernet. As windshear indicated, 24bit/192kHz (as well as 24bit/176kHz) inputs will be processed natively (no resampling) and you will have IP capable control using an new iOS app. The delays were inevitable.
                                              "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Stevebez
                                                • Oct 2003

Frustrating development takes so long - especially when phone handsets change every year... I hope there would be compatibility for future generation iPhone / iPod products.....

Really interested in this item with the streaming capability though ... I assume it would be abel to access lossless files on my NAS?

Also any word on Airplay?

Comment

• mjb
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Stevebez
                                                  Frustrating development takes so long - especially when phone handsets change every year...
                                                  Yes, I agree - there was also a frustrating wait for HDMI to work right, but they got there in the end. Now 4k is coming. Tech stuff is changing too fast for anyone to keep up.
                                                  - Mike

Main System:
                                                  B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                                  Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                    • Mar 2005

I suspect UHD will take a very long time to catch on. HD after all has only just begun its stride. But it will probably be faster than 3D, at least until they fix the inherent problems with the format. Until then Classe' will continue to focus on what is relevant today, so to answer Stevebez question, the new CP-800 digital board will support Airplay and DLNA supported sources/devices like NAS drives.

Comment

• slauten
                                                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by RebelMan
                                                      I suspect UHD will take a very long time to catch on. HD after all has only just begun its stride. But it will probably be faster than 3D, at least until they fix the inherent problems with the format. Until then Classe' will continue to focus on what is relevant today, so to answer Stevebez question, the new CP-800 digital board will support Airplay and DLNA supported sources/devices like NAS drives.
                                                      That's awesome! The better question is when? 2013 or later? I know Classe moves on these types of upgrades slow and methodically, and I appreciate their attention to detail. But lets get this upgrade released! I'm beyond ready, starting to get frustrated to be honest.

See Ya,
                                                      Steve

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                        • Mar 2005

Give me a few moments, I am trying to get this board up to date.

Comment

• Dsdfan
                                                          • Aug 2013

Good evening everyone

Thanks for reading this.
                                                          Happy listening!
                                                          I've been hearing about this 24/192 being ready to go since Music Matters in Denver in May of 2012. It was to be ready later in the year. Then at the same show in May of this year, they said it would be ready this summer. So far, no update has been made available. The retailer I deal with doesn't know when it's coming out either. Sounds like a nice mod, tho, if it ever happens.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                            • Mar 2005

From a test/demo standpoint it has been ready. It just has not been ready for primetime release. There are extenuating circumstances for this.

Comment

Working...
                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                            Search Result for "|||"