X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jepebee
    • Nov 2012

CP800 as headphone amp?

Has anyone experienced the CP800 as headphone amp?
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Classe has a headphone amp???? WOW!! Did not know that......

What do they charge for that??. 1000 BUCKS!!! Hehehe
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

The CP-800 has a headphone output on the front panel - where as the SSP-800 does not. Sorry to say I've no experience with it though. From the CP-800 white paper:

"A headphone output on the front panel is a no- compromise feature, offering the same quality of analog output as the main output channels."
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• jepebee
        • Nov 2012

Indeed my question wasn't clear. Sorrt for that.
        I use the CP 800 as preamp for my 2 Sumo amp in bi-amplification of the 2 speakers B&W 801 Matrix.
        I would want to listen to my CD of classical music with a hifi headphone like the Beyerdynamic T1 or Hifiman HE 500 or even H6. But everywhere they say that I should have a dedicated headphone amp to mrun it at full capacity.
        But given the qualities of the CP 800 I wonder if it is necessary to add such a headphone amp and if such a preamp as the CP 800 would not be able to manage the headphone as well? Would the result be interesting or would it be too bad compared with the B&W
        Thanks fot your answer.

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

If this helps, I've done A/B comparisons with my headphones (Grado SR 80's) plugged direct into my Marantz CD63SE player and also via a JDS Labs O2 headphone amp and the amp wins hands down!. More, better bass....more 'punchy' and more like the feel of listening through 'real' speakers!!. Movie/ DVD concert presentation is also very nice as well.
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"