X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leo2498
    • Feb 2012

CP-800 doubt

Hi guys, I wondering if is possible use some input of the CP800 in bypass option for Home theater use?
    Leo,
    Saludos
    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.
  • wildtangent
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by leo2498
    Hi guys, I wondering if is possible use some input of the CP800 in bypass option for Home theater use?
    No doubt about it.

From page 26 of the CP800 user manual.

Pass-Thru
    Selecting Pass-Tru locks the volume at 0.0 dB for this source and passes the
    signal through the preamp without changing its level. This feature is useful to
    avoid having two volume controls active such as when the preamp sits between
    an SSP and the L&R channel amplifers. Note that the Pass-Tru mode is available
    for digital as well as analog sources.

Comment

• stuofsci02
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2009

Yes.. You can assign "pass through" on the inputs which sets the volume gain to 0db. This can be done on both digital and analog inputs.

Cheers

Stuart

Edit: Beaten to it...
      Main System:
      B&W 801D
      Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
      Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
      Oppo BDP-105
      Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
      B&W CM7
      Emotiva UMC-1
      Emotiva UPA-2
      Oppo BDP-83SE
      Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• leo2498
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by stuofsci02
        Yes.. You can assign "pass through" on the inputs which sets the volume gain to 0db. This can be done on both digital and analog inputs.

Cheers

Stuart

Edit: Beaten to it...
        thanks again!!! well I think that I could have a winner!
        Leo,
        Saludos
        My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• bigburner
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2005

well I think that I could have a winner!
          Unfortunately the CP800 has no HDMI input to take advantage of hi-rez audio on Blu-ray discs and no phono input to take advantage of vinyl, but of course not everyone is into source material on Blu-ray and/or vinyl so for those people it probably is a winner.

Nigel.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by bigburner
            Unfortunately the CP800 has no HDMI input to take advantage of hi-rez audio on Blu-ray discs and no phono input to take advantage of vinyl, but of course not everyone is into source material on Blu-ray and/or vinyl so for those people it probably is a winner.
            Note that use of the HT bypass on the CP800 implies there is another component that is supplying the signals being bypassed and that component is the one that requires (and likely has) HDMI inputs. The vinyl option, too, is easily accomplished with an external phono preamp.
            Kal Rubinson

Comment

• stuofsci02
              Super Senior Member
              • Nov 2009

I just got my new Stereophile magazine today. The CP-800 was on the cover.. Might be worth getting if you are interested..

Cheers
              Main System:
              B&W 801D
              Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
              Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
              Oppo BDP-105
              Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
              B&W CM7
              Emotiva UMC-1
              Emotiva UPA-2
              Oppo BDP-83SE
              Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• mjb
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
                Note that use of the HT bypass on the CP800 implies there is another component that is supplying the signals being bypassed and that component is the one that requires (and likely has) HDMI inputs.
                Kal, is that a reference to pairing with an SSP-800, or HDMI's poor jitter (which is supposed to not be a problem with the SSP-800 anyway).
                - Mike

Main System:
                B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by mjb
                  Kal, is that a reference to pairing with an SSP-800, or HDMI's poor jitter (which is supposed to not be a problem with the SSP-800 anyway).
                  I did not mention jitter nor have it in mind. It was simply a description of the available options.
                  Kal Rubinson

Comment

• leo2498
                    • Feb 2012

Nigel.
                    Yes I know that nigel but I really Need is a good stereo pre amp wich it could integrate to my home theater. I want improve my Two channel listening and The CP800 could do this Job fine.
                    Leo,
                    Saludos

Comment

• bigburner
                      Super Senior Member
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
                      Note that use of the HT bypass on the CP800 implies there is another component that is supplying the signals being bypassed and that component is the one that requires (and likely has) HDMI inputs. The vinyl option, too, is easily accomplished with an external phono preamp.
                      Well Kal, if you're flush with money then that makes sense, but if I was to buy a CP800 I would want to take advantage of the high quality DAC and audio section that it has purportedly has, or have I missed something here?

Nigel.

Comment

• londoner
                        • Apr 2009

Well Kal, if you're flush with money then that makes sense, but if I was to buy a CP800 I would want to take advantage of the high quality DAC and audio section that it has purportedly has, or have I missed something here?

Nigel.
                        I use stereo digital signal from Oppo BDP-93 to listen to movies and opera on blu-ray using CP-800 DAC. HDMI to display obviously, but no need for HDMI to CP-800. The 2.1 system works very well for me.

Comment

• leo2498
                          • Feb 2012

Nigel.
                          Yes that is the main idea about the CP800, it will be using with the pure analog audio of my oppo BDP95 and I will get the improve of usb apple friendly for my ipod. I wondering if it really have improve the sound from my ipod.

I would like to have the SPP800 but the combo with the CA5300 is to much for my budget and if you can add that the performance with stereo analog signal is not the best (I read this of people that have one and for that reason they bought a CP800) so that is the reason of I have a winner.
                          Leo,
                          Saludos

Comment

• alebonau
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Oct 2005

like the nad m51, perhaps the classe cp should have come with hdmi capability. would have expanded its utilisation that way.
                            "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• bigburner
                              Super Senior Member
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by alebonau
                              like the nad m51, perhaps the classe cp should have come with hdmi capability. would have expanded its utilisation that way.
                              Exactly, and if it had a phono input as well the CP-800 would be the perfect high quality preamp for the modern 2-channel enthusiast.

Nigel.

Comment

• slauten
                                • Aug 2011

Exactly, and if it had a phono input as well the CP-800 would be the perfect high quality preamp for the modern 2-channel enthusiast.

Nigel.
                                I've seen on this forum where the phono input will be available for the CP-800...eventually. Others have said, no big deal, get an external unit to handle phono and then input to the CP-800. I prefer the ability to be internal to the CP-800. However...not sure when eventually will get here, nor how much to upgrade?

See Ya,
                                Steve

Comment

• leo2498
                                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by stuofsci02
                                  I just got my new Stereophile magazine today. The CP-800 was on the cover.. Might be worth getting if you are interested..

Cheers
                                  Hi Stuart,
                                  I bought the digital option and I read the review from John Atkinson, it's a great component with a huge versatile conections, I'm just waiting that my dealer can arrange an appointment to listen it and I will go for it.
                                  Leo,
                                  Saludos

Comment

• alebonau
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Oct 2005

Nigel.
                                    yes if classe dont make an external phono stage to offer. then I'd expect that they would provide a phono stage built in.
                                    "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• stuofsci02
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Nov 2009

Hi Stuart,
                                      I bought the digital option and I read the review from John Atkinson, it's a great component with a huge versatile conections, I'm just waiting that my dealer can arrange an appointment to listen it and I will go for it.
                                      Cool!

I read the article when I was on the plane home from a business trip the other day. It did indeed look good...
                                      Main System:
                                      B&W 801D
                                      Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                                      Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                                      Oppo BDP-105
                                      Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                                      B&W CM7
                                      Emotiva UMC-1
                                      Emotiva UPA-2
                                      Oppo BDP-83SE
                                      Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

Working...
                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                      Search Result for "|||"