X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slauten
    • Aug 2011

Classe Omega Mono block amps

I'm in the market for a pair of the Classe Omega Mono blocks. If anybody knows of a pair please let me know or pm me. I can't find any at Classe dealers so far.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • slauten
    • Aug 2011

Found a pair, should have them next week!

Steve

Comment

• slauten
      • Aug 2011

Amps arrived. Now to find a crane to lift them into place. Man those flight cases the amps ship in are heavy duty!

See Ya,
      Steve

Comment

• mjb
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Congrats on your find. Got any pictures, Steve?
        - Mike

Main System:
        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

Hehehe!!!! If you need a crane to 'lift' your amps into place.....you are talking about some serious hardware!!!.
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

• slauten
            • Aug 2011

Here's picture of amp in closed flight case, and opened flight case. Too heavy to remove from case for photos. These bad boys weigh 192 pounds uncrated! They come with Cardas power cords specifically made for the Omega amps.

See Ya,
            Steve
            Attached Files

Comment

• madmac
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by slauten
              Here's picture of amp in closed flight case, and opened flight case. Too heavy to remove from case for photos. These bad boys weigh 192 pounds uncrated! They come with Cardas power cords specifically made for the Omega amps.

See Ya,
              Steve
              Jezzus!!! 8O

Comment

• r100gs
                • May 2005

;x( Nice! :T
                Jay

Comment

• Sharp 1080
                  • Dec 2009

Very nice congratulations! :T

Comment

• leo2498
                    • Feb 2012

See Ya,
                    Steve
                    ;x( OMG what will you feeding with those monsters? :B
                    Leo,
                    Saludos
                    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• slauten
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by leo2498
                      ;x( OMG what will you feeding with those monsters? :B
                      I have B&W 803D2 main speakers. They are less than a year old. The Omegas are replacing my Classe Ca-M400 set. I'm hoping with the Omega's that the 803's will deliver bass similar to 802's. If not, at some point I will upgrade to 802's. My room is a decent size for home theatre, but not as wide as I would like. Therefore i bought the 803's. I'm pretty sure the Omegas will have enough extra low end power to get me where I want to be!

I looked at the physical dimensions for the Omega's before I bought them. I knew they were bigger...but in person they are massive! Not only are these the best amps Classe ever offered, they were made in Canada at the height of Classe's focus of "cost is no object" product development. I own a SSP-800 and a CP-800, both assembled in China. IMO there is no difference in quality or performance. I wish they were still made in Canada, but the Classe product still is world class IMO.

I'm sure there are amps out there that are better than the Omegas, and they don't have the pretty blue meters...however I pick them to win in a Mac attack.

My surround speakers and center channel are driven by a CA-5200, I got the last made in Canada one of these!

I still need to have some extra power ran to my listening room. Will post some photos of the finished set-up after I get things in place.

I'm including a photo of the front and rear of the Omega amp.

See Ya,
                      Steve
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by slauten; 18 July 2012, 19:56 Wednesday.

Comment

• mb225
                        • Jan 2009

I have B&W 803D2 main speakers. They are less than a year old. The Omegas are replacing my Classe Ca-M400 set. I'm hoping with the Omega's that the 803's will deliver bass similar to 802's. If not, at some point I will upgrade to 802's. My room is a decent size for home theatre, but not as wide as I would like. Therefore i bought the 803's. I'm pretty sure the Omegas will have enough extra low end power to get me where I want to be!
                        Hi Steve,
                        Awesome upgrade!!!

Please be sure to post your results! I would love to know if the extra power gives you the extra low-end you are looking for.

Comment

• slauten
                          • Aug 2011

Do you think my wife will notice the difference? Can I sneak these in the house? I'm waiting on some amp stands, and power upgrades before I set these behemoths!

See Ya,
                          Steve

Comment

• Skyblue
                            • Jun 2009

Am I the only one who thinks that omega amps for 803s are overkill? Aren't they for the 800s or the nautilus even?
                            B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• mb225
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Skyblue
                              Am I the only one who thinks that omega amps for 803s are overkill? Aren't they for the 800s or the nautilus even?
                              Well that's no fun!!!

Comment

• madmac
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2010

Do you think my wife will notice the difference? Can I sneak these in the house? I'm waiting on some amp stands, and power upgrades before I set these behemoths!

See Ya,
                                Steve
                                In truth, wife's never notice the difference

Comment

• slauten
                                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Skyblue
                                  Depends on what you consider overkill. For the most part they probably are overkill. My hopes are the Omegas have enough power to allow my 803D2 to hit notes at both ends of the spectrum they would not be able to with the CA-M400 I have now. If not, I will move up to 802D2 at some point.

My question would be:According to most reviews I have read on virtually any amp in the price range of the Omegas, I'm saying any brand in the price range supposedly will make a speaker like the 803D2 perform at a higher level. Tons of reviews out there from multiple respected magazines make these claims. At the end of the day they says the excess power allows this. I can't make that claim yet, but be able to give my opinion in the next 30 days.

The Classe/McIntosh dealer in my area claims the Omega Monos are the best sounding amps he has ever heard. They are the one of the largest high end audio dealers in the USA.

With all that said...it is what it is. I'm happy I have them, and I do feel the extra power will almost certainly add more low end bass. Is it worth the extra $$ remains to be seen. I got these Omegas for less than 1/2 of list price so I think the value is there with that investment.

I can assure you my wife will notice the visual difference in the Omegas over the CA-M400's!

See Ya,
                                  Steve

Comment

• Skyblue
                                    • Jun 2009

Hey Steve,

All reviews I have read said that the omegas should kill the m400's. No doubt about it. There is nothing at all wrong with the amps.

I think my point was: From an economic vs sound quality point of view it might make more sense to get 800's and m600's instead of 803s and omegas. The omegas seems like overkill, way out of range of the 803s.

Now, I am sure they will get the very very best out of the 803's. How could they not? But omegas with 802s or 800s will kill the 803s/omega combination. So, if you have the funds, you might as well just upgrade the speakers right away. Your wife WILL notice that difference too, though

Best regards and congratulations

- Sky
                                    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • Mar 2005

You are not the only one Skyblue but there is nothing wrong with having a bigger engine to drive your system. But having a bigger engine does not mean the system will run better but it may run differently. The CA-M400's won't break a sweat driving the 803D2 at any volume. But having the Omega's pretty much ensures no load will be too great should the speakers change down the road.
                                      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• slauten
                                        • Aug 2011

Rebelman is thinking the way I am. It took me a while to find the Omegas. Not sure how many we're made, but not many available. 802s are pretty easy to find. All of this is part of the big plan. I will likely get 802s in the next few years.

Thanks for all of the comments. I enjoy being part of the forum!

See Ya,
                                        Steve

Comment

• Skyblue
                                          • Jun 2009

Rebelman is thinking the way I am. It took me a while to find the Omegas. Not sure how many we're made, but not many available. 802s are pretty easy to find. All of this is part of the big plan. I will likely get 802s in the next few years.

Thanks for all of the comments. I enjoy being part of the forum!

See Ya,
                                          Steve
                                          Then it makes sense. I went the other way, and got the speakers before I could afford any good amps. But its all part of a plan

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Jan 2006

Congratulations on landing your beautiful Omega beasts, slauten! I feel certain that they will bring you many hours of maximum audio pleasure.

I heard these magnificent monsters drive a pair of B&W 801D's in 2009 at my supplier's shop. I recall that this was a day that I just did not want to leave the shop ... here's the thread:

:T

Comment

• leo2498
                                              • Feb 2012

I looked at the physical dimensions for the Omega's before I bought them. I knew they were bigger...but in person they are massive! Not only are these the best amps Classe ever offered, they were made in Canada at the height of Classe's focus of "cost is no object" product development. I own a SSP-800 and a CP-800, both assembled in China. IMO there is no difference in quality or performance. I wish they were still made in Canada, but the Classe product still is world class IMO.

I'm sure there are amps out there that are better than the Omegas, and they don't have the pretty blue meters...however I pick them to win in a Mac attack.

My surround speakers and center channel are driven by a CA-5200, I got the last made in Canada one of these!

I still need to have some extra power ran to my listening room. Will post some photos of the finished set-up after I get things in place.

I'm including a photo of the front and rear of the Omega amp.

See Ya,
                                              Steve
                                              Congrats Steve, the fun of this hobby is do whatever you want no matter other thing, if we don’t try we never know. I hope some day becoming and a happy classe owner like you, I'm saving for the CA-5300 for my HT but I’m thinking seriously change to a two channel set up, what do you say about the benefit CP800? You have this in a stereo set up or in your HT?
                                              By the way my wife always hear the difference, lucky me! I guess.
                                              Leo,
                                              Saludos
                                              My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• slauten
                                                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by ShadowZA
                                                Congratulations on landing your beautiful Omega beasts, slauten! I feel certain that they will bring you many hours of maximum audio pleasure.

I heard these magnificent monsters drive a pair of B&W 801D's in 2009 at my supplier's shop. I recall that this was a day that I just did not want to leave the shop ... here's the thread:

:T
                                                I read your review before I bought the amps. Not up and running yet. I will in the few weeks!

See Ya,
                                                Steve

Comment

• slauten
                                                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by leo2498
                                                  Congrats Steve, the fun of this hobby is do whatever you want no matter other thing, if we don’t try we never know. I hope some day becoming and a happy classe owner like you, I'm saving for the CA-5300 for my HT but I’m thinking seriously change to a two channel set up, what do you say about the benefit CP800? You have this in a stereo set up or in your HT?
                                                  By the way my wife always hear the difference, lucky me! I guess.
                                                  I like my CP-800 a lot! Using my Mac Mini via USB on the rear input. Also using my CDP-502 and my Marantz UD9004 for SACD. All of these inputs sound great. I have a lot of LP records but not a good turntable yet. The only things I want to Classe upgrade for the CP-800 is phono board, and the ability to stream music. I do have Apple tv, and IPod hooked up too. But.I mainly use my Mac mini because all music was loaded non compressed. sACD are excellent too.

See Ya,
                                                  Steve

Comment

• slauten
                                                    • Aug 2011

Got my 2 20 amp dedicated circuits getting installed tomorrow. My Billy Bags amp stands should be here next week. Getting close to getting the Omegas up and running!

See Ya,
                                                    Steve

Comment

• mb225
                                                      • Jan 2009

Got my 2 20 amp dedicated circuits getting installed tomorrow. My Billy Bags amp stands should be here next week. Getting close to getting the Omegas up and running!

See Ya,
                                                      Steve
                                                      Any updates?

Comment

• slauten
                                                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by mb225
                                                        Any updates?
                                                        Cutom Amp stands shipped on Wednesday and will be here next week. Hope to get everything swapped out next weekend! Will update with photos after that.

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend!

See ya,
                                                        Steve

Comment

• windshear
                                                          • Dec 2004

When did Classe stop production on the Omega's?

Comment

• slauten
                                                            • Aug 2011

They stopped making them around 2010-2011. But had inventory left. I found my pair in NYC online. I also called multiple Classe dealers searching for a pair. After I committed to the NYC pair a Classe dealer told me he found a new pair at a very good price. I doubt it would have been as low as what I paid, but still an awesome deal.

I don't think the Omegas were a high volume product for Classe compared to the Delta series. I'm just glad I found a pair!

See Ya,
                                                            Steve

Comment

• mb225
                                                              • Jan 2009

Hey Steve,
                                                              Did you ever get these hooked up?

Comment

• slauten
                                                                • Aug 2011

Not yet...had my gall bladder removed. Can't lift anything heavy for 2 more weeks. I have everything ready to go. Trust me...nobody is more ready than me to get this finished.

See Ya,
                                                                Steve

Comment

• mb225
                                                                  • Jan 2009

Not yet...had my gall bladder removed. Can't lift anything heavy for 2 more weeks. I have everything ready to go. Trust me...nobody is more ready than me to get this finished.

See Ya,
                                                                  Steve
                                                                  Wow, sorry to hear that! Hope you are better soon.

Comment

• slauten
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Aug 2011

No worries...I feel a lot better now that I don't have gall stones! Will have everything in place in the next 2 weeks!

See Ya,
                                                                    Steve

Comment

• Sharp 1080
                                                                      • Dec 2009

It will all be worth it once you have it set up. Your health comes first. The fact of the matter is if you aren't healthy and feeling good no amount of listening will be enjoyable. I've been through that chapter in my life.

Comment

Working...
                                                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                      Search Result for "|||"