X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rantzmar
    • May 2009

Need a little help please

I have a Rotel RB 1080 amp and 200 watts per channel.

I was thinking of going with a Classe CA 200. However, I was told the CA-200 would be too warm and not enough sparkle. So I decided to come here and ask is there any one who has had experience with the two amps and tell me how far apart they are in tone? Would the Classe be a huge step up in performance and fidelity from the Rotel? Thanks. If I decided to go with the Classe, it would be before I could listen to it seeing they are only available used.

Thanks

Vincent SA-T1/Telefunken/Golden Lion tubes~Rotel RB 1080~ Musical Fidelity XRAYv8/XXXpsu~MMF-.7.1~2M Black-Grado Phono 1 Analysis Plus Phono Cable~Canton 830.2~ Analysis Plus interconnects and speaker wire.
  • smigman
    • May 2011

i have ca201 amp paired with TL speakers, and this sounds very well (nordost cables). to me all rotel amps are a little bright, they do have slight grain in upper range ....

does canton bookshelf sound bright with rotel? to me it is hard to tell about bookshelf because i am so used to transmission line, but with jamo concert 8/ 830 Classe did sound bright - then i changed speakers ....

ca200 has very good value now - i say go for it!

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Classe is a substantial upgrade from Rotel. I don't think you'll be disappointed honestly!!.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"