X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rogerdn
    • Aug 2008

SSP-800 Set Up

I am setting up my SSP 800 and HDMI inputs do not appear on my Input screen, digital spdif and analog but no HDMI, what am I doing wrong ?

Menu/sys setup/input/audio/connector, but no HDMI.

Thanks
  • wildtangent
    • Dec 2006

You need to set the video source to the appropriate HDMI connector first. Then you can select the audio as HDMI.

Comment

• rogerdn
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by wildtangent
      You need to set the video source to the appropriate HDMI connector first. Then you can select the audio as HDMI.
      I have my Oppo connected to HDMI 2, is that what you mean ?

Comment

• wildtangent
        • Dec 2006

Correct, whichever source you’re trying to set up do the following

Menu->system setup->input->(to whichever input you’re configuring)->video->(select HDMI 2).

Then go back and you’ll be able to select HDMI in the audio connector list box.

Comment

• rogerdn
          • Aug 2008

Correct, whichever source you’re trying to set up do the following

Menu->system setup->input->(to whichever input you’re configuring)->video->(select HDMI 2).

Then go back and you’ll be able to select HDMI in the audio connector list box.
          Got it, thks.

For my Oppo playing audio only can I use the same input 2 (oppo) for both 2 ch stereo and surround disks ? If so how would the set ups be for each ?

Comment

• wildtangent
            • Dec 2006

You could, but you have to decide how you want to listen to the 2ch. and multi-channel material.

One way is to just select the favorite processing for each channel configuration.

Let’s say you’ve 7.1 speakers and you want any multichannel content to always fill all of the speakers then select either Dolby EX or Neo6 ES for the multi-channel favorite. If you always want 2 channel material to remain as such select stereo for the 2ch favorite.

You can always override by selecting something else in the mode menu on the main screen.

Comment

• rogerdn
              • Aug 2008

You could, but you have to decide how you want to listen to the 2ch. and multi-channel material.

One way is to just select the favorite processing for each channel configuration.

Let’s say you’ve 7.1 speakers and you want any multichannel content to always fill all of the speakers then select either Dolby EX or Neo6 ES for the multi-channel favorite. If you always want 2 channel material to remain as such select stereo for the 2ch favorite.

You can always override by selecting something else in the mode menu on the main screen.
              Thks for your help

Comment

• rogerdn
                • Aug 2008

Can some one tell me how to set up an audio source (Mac Mini) so I can view the video from my Direct Tv receiver (sent to my HDMI projector) while listening to music on the Mini ? I can't recall how I did it several years ago nor find it in the manual.

Thks

Comment

• rogerdn
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by rogerdn
                  Can some one tell me how to set up an audio source (Mac Mini) so I can view the video from my Direct Tv receiver (sent to my HDMI projector) while listening to music on the Mini ? I can't recall how I did it several years ago nor find it in the manual.

Thks
                  I Got it done.

Comment

• rogerdn
                    • Aug 2008

New Question

During set up I apparently turned the volume level indicator off so it no longer shows on the display, can someone tell me how to enable it again.

Comment

• wildtangent
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by rogerdn
                      During set up I apparently turned the volume level indicator off so it no longer shows on the display, can someone tell me how to enable it again.
                      Do you mean the TV?

Menu->display setup->OSD setup->
                      and you either disabled the OSD or set the duration to 0.

If it's the large volume display on the touch screen,

Menu->display setup->volume display-> enable large volume.

Comment

• rogerdn
                        • Aug 2008

Do you mean the TV?

Menu->display setup->OSD setup->
                        and you either disabled the OSD or set the duration to 0.

If it's the large volume display on the touch screen,

Menu->display setup->volume display-> enable large volume.
                        It was the touch screen, I thought I had tried enabling large volume, anyway thks, it's working again.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"