X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aquarius
    • Oct 2008

CP-800 software upgrade

I'm looking to upgrade software on my CP-800 (v.1.0) but newer version on Classe Audio site are not available for some reason.

Can someone help me on this matter or provide some useful information?

Thanks!
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

From Classe's relelase notes, it seems as if they've addressed a lot. I would always recommend upgrading any device to the current firmware, especially when features are added and faults or issues are fixed.

*CP-800 Firmware Release v1.0.1*

Release Notes: The software update will provide functionality/ usability improvements to the features and capabilities of this model. These are as follows:
    - UI-LPC:
     Added CAN BUS functionality for amplifier temperature broadcasts and event log.
     Added Can Bus PlayLink.
     Added a non source to the PlayLink rotation to allow deactivation.
     Added support for automation absolute volume display.
     Changed operation of back panel IR so that it operates at all times.
     Changes operation of NGComms to follow CAN global standby.
     Fixed an issue with CAN global dim and multiple CP800's on the bus.
     Fixed automation was returning invalid if source was re-selected.
     Fixed issues with mono mode and some DSP operations in analog bypass.
     Fixed volume ramping during sample rate changes.
     Fixed an issue with level shifts when entering the source setup page on an active analog input.
     Fixed an issue with sub changes (on Bass Management Page) not working until a configuration is reselected.

- GUI-APP:
     Added CAN BUS controls for amplifier temperature and event log.
     Added CAN BUS controls for PlayLink.
     Removed back panel IR control from tech menu.
     Removed NG Comms control from tech menu.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Aquarius
      • Oct 2008

Thanks Mike, I realize all that but what I'm missing here is Software Update Procedure PDF document.

I found software on Classe's german site http://www.classeaudio.de/ but don't know how to use it.

I have a laptop and USB>RS232 cable and I've done upgrades on CDP-102, CA-2200 and CP-500 as well, but I'm afraid this is something completely different.

Comment

• busby
        • Jul 2011

To update the CP-800, proceed as follows:

Download the zip file from the Classé website.

Unzip the the file to a USB memory stick. For example, if your USB memory appears as drive E: (Windows), you should end up with the folder E:\CP-800\ with a bunch of files inside.

Switch off the mains power to the CP-800.

Plug the USB memory stick into the front panel of the CP-800.

Switch on the mains power. The update will start automatically.

When the update completes (about 2-3 minutes), the CP-800 will restart. You may be asked to touch the screen in three places to calibrate the touch sensor.

HTH
        Last edited by busby; 14 March 2012, 04:17 Wednesday. Reason: Changed folder name to CP-800

Comment

• Aquarius
          • Oct 2008

@busby Thank you very much! Upgrade completed!

Still I have a few questions:

1. After upgrading software, there's still no info about ground/phase etc. Is that 'normal' with this new version of OS?

2. What about "Added support for automation absolute volume display"?

I can't see any differences between previous volume control setup and the 'new' one.

Comment

• Aquarius
            • Oct 2008

C'mon guys, must be someone with the same problem.

Comment

• wildtangent
              • Dec 2006

No problems.

There is no temperature, voltage or phase/ground sensor in the CP800 so the information is unavailable.

The automation support for the absolute volume is on the automation interface only.

Comment

• Aquarius
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by wildtangent
                No problems.

There is no temperature, voltage or phase/ground sensor in the CP800 so the information is unavailable.
                OK, thanks. In that case I can hardly understand why and what for they put this screen option anyway :/

From the user manual:
                "The Status screen provides several items of information on the currently selected source and configuration as well as access to information on the firmware used in and the internal settings and sensors of the CP-800. While on this page, pressing the CAN Bus button will access the CAN-Bus features for connected Classé components."

Originally posted by wildtangent
                The automation support for the absolute volume is on the automation interface only.
                Can you please be more specific on this (automation interface only)?
                Last edited by Aquarius; 15 March 2012, 06:21 Thursday.

Comment

• slauten
                  • Aug 2011

If you have a Classe amp it gives you all of the above info. If you have multiple Classe amps it gives you the info on all of them, but you have to select the amp you want to look at. This info is useful to look at when you your amps are working under a heavy load, or having problems where knowing the voltage under a load and temperatures is helpful.

See Ya,
                  Steve

Comment

• Aquarius
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by slauten

If you have a Classe amp it gives you all of the above info. If you have multiple Classe amps it gives you the info on all of them, but you have to select the amp you want to look at. This info is useful to look at when you your amps are working under a heavy load, or having problems where knowing the voltage under a load and temperatures is helpful.

See Ya,
                    Steve
                    Thanks Steve, I already got the answer on that. Anyway, ground/phase was well worth information I had in CP-500. It would be most useful in CP-800 as well.

But there's still issue about absolute volume support I don't understand how to manage. Any suggestion?

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"