X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gump
    • Sep 2005

New Software 11-25-11

I noticed there's new software available for the SSP800 on Classe's website dated 11-25-11.

Anyone have insight on this yet? Usually there's discussion about these things by now.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing the boat on anything... 8O
  • Skyblue
    • Jun 2009

While the folders are updated 11-25-11, the actual software packages available look like the old version.
    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• aarsoe
      • May 2004

Unfortunately I cannot see any new versions available. I know one is in the pipes for the SSP-800 but it have been underway for a long time now... Maybe as a Christmas present from Classe to us all..

Comment

• wadeh911
        • Aug 2011

Software Update- Where did I go wrong?

Working through updating my software on my Classe SSP800 and CA5300. Downloaded 4/27/11 Software update procedure for Classe products with Touchscreen. Current SSP800 software was version 2.0.4. Current CA5300 software was 0G35. Downloaded the Downloader.exe and the *.pkg for the SSP800, installed, Processor reinitialized and updated software to 2.0.5. Verified good update and all working properly. Next came the update for the CA5300 but things went wrong somewhere and hoping someone can provide some advice.

My CA5300 is s/n 2180137 and it does not have a display, I monitor it via my touchscreen display on my SSP800. First, I installed the front panel software update and the Classe utility on my PC showed update successful. Next, I installed the Heatsink software update and the Classe utility on my PC showed update successful. After reconnecting the AC line cord, the fan starts for a second, the front panel blue LED is solid on and the unit is in standby. When I press the standby button to turn on the Amp, the front panel blue LED flashes repeatedly, then goes into two flashes with a pause which the manual says is initialization. First time I gave the unit 2 hours to initialize before concluding I made an error. So I unplugged AC line cord, waited 5 seconds, reconnected AC line cord. Exact same sequence with short fan start followed by solid blue LED, pressed standby button and again blue LED goes into the two flashes with a pause, two flashes with a pause, tec.

When I check status of CA5300 on the SSP800 display it shows software Version 2.00 with Amp in standby, log shows Event 1: 0 Days 02:33 Assembly-Heatsink 5 DC protection tri and Event 2: 0 Days 00:27 assembly-heatsink 2 Slow-Blow trip. Amp was working perfectly before I did the software update so I believe two events in log were there prior to this.

Help!

Update at 10:52PM Sunday night- Problem solved ! There must have been a problem with my first Heatsink update. I followed the steps again one by one and reinstalled the Heatsink update. When I reconnected amp to AC line power and the Blue standby LED lit up solid, and when I pressed the standby button, the amplifier when through a complete startup, no more twice flashing blue LED, a nice solid blue LED. Only thing I am aware of that I did differently from the first time was to have my XLR inputs disconnected prior to the software update. Hope this info is helpful to someone else.
        Last edited by wadeh911; 28 November 2011, 00:00 Monday.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"