X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diononiz
    • May 2011

Cdp-102

All,
    Do you think this would be a good match with the following equipment? I am looking for a smoother/less aggressive sound.

Arcam AV400 as a preamp
    Proceed HPA3 amplifier - for front three channels
    B&W 804 Diamond
    Transparent Music plus mm2 link / wave cables
    Monster HTS-5100 powercenter

Current CD = Marantz CD5004

Thanks in advance!
  • realalan
    • Sep 2010

I used to connect the CDP-102 to a Marantz AV7001 reciever (source direct) for stereo listening to B&W 805s. Whilst the Marantz is a good multi-purpose amp, it doesn't rival a comparison with a Classe stereo or pre/power amplifier, I guess that'll be a similar case with the Arcam if you listen to a lot of 2ch. For that reason, I switched to a CP-700, CA2200 for stereo ;x( . The CP-700 is also connected to the receiver pre-out to give an option of 7.1.

Haven't heard the CD5004, but the Classe should give you a bit more detail and soundstage.

In addition, the CDP-102 has balanced out which would be useful if the CD player is further away from the receiver.

Also, Classe website no longer lists the CDP as a current source player.

Take an audition if possible, listen and decide for yourself.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"