X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spykids777
    • Dec 2010

No sound from SSP-800!

Hi,

I have had this new SSP-800 for about 3 weeks now. this problem has happened twice - when I turn the processor on from standby, everything works but there is no sound from the speakers! The sound bar looks like vol is increasing but there is no sound out of the speakers. I have to physically turn off the processor using the ON /OFF switch at the back and magically the sound reappears when turned back on. Am I doing anything here that is causing it? Anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks.
  • Srrndhound
    • Sep 2008

Does it happen with any particular source? What is the source you tried--HDMI perhaps? What does the status screen report (Info button on remote) for "signal"?

What happens if you switch to a different source?

Which firmware is the unit running? 3.0.1?

Comment

• spykids777
      • Dec 2010

It has happened both times with my Dish Network connection. I have not seen the status screen. I also have not seen if it exists on other inputs. I will definitely do it the next time it happens.

Comment

• Srrndhound
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by spykids777
        I also have not seen if it exists on other inputs. I will definitely do it the next time it happens.
        I meant that rather than rebooting the unit, try switching sources to see if that clears it.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"