X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

SSP-800 and record players

Just a quick pole for the people still into vinyl and using it with their SSP-800

Do you connect your ground wire to the SSP? And if you do then how is it connected? From the record player to your phonograph pre-amp and the to your SSP? Or do you use a star ground by connecting everything back to the record player, so from RP to Phono preamplifier and also from RP to SSP?

Asking since I now have separate MC head amp, a Phono preamplifier and it seems like my system is getting more sensitive to static build up so would be nice to get an idea of what your experience is..
  • Srrndhound
    • Sep 2008

I connect the ground to the phono preamp only. The preamp is grounded to the SSP through the audio cables. No static issue. It's a few degrees C here, but the heating system has a humidifier.

Comment

• SwainDtV
      • Sep 2008

I too connect the ground to the phono preamp only. Sometimes when I position the arm, I do hear some kind of static noise, but not during playback.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"