X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Skyblue
    I have no idea how it works in Stereophile, and actually the remark wasnt meant for any magazine in particular.
    Understood. Perhaps, I have developed a sensitivity to the topic and,so, was expanding on your comment to say that many people profess unfounded beliefs with regard to audio reviews/reviewers. I agree that not all such beliefs are unfounded.
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Skyblue
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
      Understood. Perhaps, I have developed a sensitivity to the topic and,so, was expanding on your comment to say that many people profess unfounded beliefs with regard to audio reviews/reviewers. I agree that not all such beliefs are unfounded.
      Thank you. I am very tired (working a lot) and didnt mean to start an argument nor imply anything wrongdoing. I rather enjoy my stereophile subsrciption
      B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• nhpm510
        • Sep 2006

Came from Emotiva, W4S, NAD, and dabbled with a Krell.

Emotiva XPA-2 has a high floor noise (in my experience) and music was "dark" sounding/loss of detail. (I've also owned their LPA, UPA-2, UPA-5, BPA-1 and the Emo fanatics' holy grail, the RPA-1)

Classe (2200) has more life like, real music sound.

Happy to be moved over to the Classe camp.

Comment

• nhpm510
          • Sep 2006

To further expound, it also depends on what speakers are getting the amplified signal and system synergy.

(...don't forget to get those insulators that hold your cables off the ground, they make all the difference ;-).

I have not yet had the XPA-1 in my stable and would be interested to hear the results of a blind shootout with the Classe. Then again, I don't have room in the rack for two 80 lb amps so the issue is moot for my situation.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"