• Jun 2005

cp 800 so quiet on the forum now

What's going on? Nothing? Why?
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Hoi gerardhn,

the cp800 is at today not available (in Europa / Switzerland) :roll: ,

the first "stock" of the CP800 will be in europa at this day...but first the dealer and then the consumers....

in February we can have the "lekker preampli" in huis :T

groeten Style

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

James will be updating on the current status based on our conversations with Dave shortly. He is more of a nuts and bolts kinda guy and I don't want to steal his thunder. Just know that it is really nice! I got to hear it last thursday.
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Will James ever publish his review on the SSP-800! Not that it matters since those who want it have it :T
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• garak
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by wettou
          Will James ever publish his review on the SSP-800! Not that it matters since those who want it have it :T
          Why would he? All you'll do is ridicule him, question his integrity, say he's drunk the koolaid, and claim he's paid by Classé to post here.

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by garak
            Why would he? All you'll do is ridicule him, question his integrity, say he's drunk the koolaid, and claim he's paid by Classé to post here.
            Nope, just was wondering? It is not because one is critical that he can enjoy something.

I own probably more Classé products than many people on this forum. So I have the right to express an opinion like everyone else. I am an owner unlike others.

If we all agreed about every thing it would be very boring
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

ok, all to go buy a ClasséAudio action at the Wallstreet!

so we have a BIG words...!?!?!

Sorry all the Classé fan can write on this forum with a single pre or a system from a milion!

CP800:: before I will listen this one with a good combo (ampli&speaker) than
              we go see....

style

Comment

• garak
                • Jul 2007

Nope, just was wondering? It is not because one is critical that he can enjoy something.

I own probably more Classé products than many people on this forum. So I have the right to express an opinion like everyone else. I am an owner unlike others.

If we all agreed about every thing it would be very boring
                Disagreeing is one thing. Making baseless accusations and attacking one's integrity is entirely different. I don't have any problem with someone expressing their opinion. I do have a problem with somebody hounding and heckling someone else.

So what if you own Classé products? I own Classé products. That doesn't entitle us to anything.

Comment

• gerardhn
                  • Jun 2005

Gentlemen,

pls give some valuable contribution on CP 800 topic..

Comment

• SwainDtV
                    • Sep 2008

I was wondering. How would one combine a CP800 and a SSP800 in one setup?

I believe a 2-channel source is connected to the CP800 and multichannel source to the SSP800. What is next! Is the CP800 connected to 7.1 analog bypass input? How is volume control handled?

Comment

• mjb
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SwainDtV
                      I was wondering. How would one combine a CP800 and a SSP800 in one setup?
                      Put one on top of the other? :lol:

I've not seen the handbook, but I believe it has an L-R Aux-out selectable at 0 attenuation (like the SSP-800 does), which you could use to drive the SSP-800 with.
                      - Mike

Main System:
                      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by gerardhn
                        Gentlemen,pls give some valuable contribution on CP 800 topic..
                        Agreed :B

For stereo listening I advocate bypassing the pream all together if you have only one source :T

Comment

• alebonau
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Oct 2005

Agreed :B

For stereo listening I advocate bypassing the pream all together if you have only one source :T
                          I dissagree. a good analog pre amp serves a very valuable purpose. something often very much underestimated. I say this having experienced the benefit of various pre amps on a few different systems over the years. In my opinion the quality of the pre amp is infact quite a determining factor if its 2ch analog performance that is the goal. It is this single most reason why 2ch analog pre amps still rule in this sea of av and ht pre amp processors and av receivers.
                          "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• sikoniko
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by alebonau
                            I dissagree. a good analog pre amp serves a very valuable purpose. something often very much underestimated. I say this having experienced the benefit of various pre amps on a few different systems over the years. In my opinion the quality of the pre amp is infact quite a determining factor if its 2ch analog performance that is the goal. It is this single most reason why 2ch analog pre amps still rule in this sea of av and ht pre amp processors and av receivers.
                            I agree w/ you Al. If a person demands the highest quality 2 channel, then having a dedicated pre is the way to go - providing a person is willing to spend the money to acheive it. Many people are willing to compromise for decent 2 ch out of a simplified one box solution though.

I think of it like this... lets say a company has (to pick a round number) a $5000 budget to build a system. A multi-channel processor has to split the budget across more channels and codec licenses as well as being decent at 2 channel typically; whereas, a 2 channel can dedicate that entire budget at doing one thing and one thing well.
                            I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• wettou
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • May 2006

What I am saying it you take a good CD with great DAC like

the future Oppo BDP-95, use the XLR out to TC electronic Level Pilot - monitor to the XLR of your amp, and you add nothing to the sound.

Try it and you will find you saved yourself $5000 :W

Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, OPPO Digital designs and markets high quality digital electronics that deliver style, performance, innovation, and value to A/V enthusiasts and savvy consumers alike. The company's attention to core product performance and strong customer focus distinguishes it from traditional consumer-electronics brands.

Comment

• Srrndhound
                                • Sep 2008

the future Oppo BDP-95, use the XLR out to TC electronic Level Pilot - monitor to the XLR of your amp, and you add nothing to the sound.
                                Adding nothing to the sound of a reasonable DAC is not necessarily better than losing less from a superior DAC.

Comment

• wettou
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Srrndhound
                                  Adding nothing to the sound of a reasonable DAC is not necessarily better than losing less from a superior DAC.
                                  "a reasonable DAC" You consider the new DAc in the Oppo reasonable!

Comment

• alebonau
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by sikoniko
                                    I agree w/ you Al. If a person demands the highest quality 2 channel, then having a dedicated pre is the way to go - providing a person is willing to spend the money to acheive it. Many people are willing to compromise for decent 2 ch out of a simplified one box solution though.

I think of it like this... lets say a company has (to pick a round number) a $5000 budget to build a system. A multi-channel processor has to split the budget across more channels and codec licenses as well as being decent at 2 channel typically; whereas, a 2 channel can dedicate that entire budget at doing one thing and one thing well.
                                    Absolutely, many will pick various solutions to fit their need, but yes an analog pre amps is definitely one very good example where less is more !

Comment

• alebonau
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Oct 2005

Try it and you will find you saved yourself $5000 :W

Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, OPPO Digital designs and markets high quality digital electronics that deliver style, performance, innovation, and value to A/V enthusiasts and savvy consumers alike. The company's attention to core product performance and strong customer focus distinguishes it from traditional consumer-electronics brands.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/levelpilot.asp
                                      A dac is but a chip, its the implementation that's the important thing. How well it matches up with rest you have will be determining factor. Oppos have come across to date been pretty underwhelming analog wise, but will give the 95 a clean slate..until have heard one :B keep in mind nuforce don't think the 95 is good enough, they're selling it with all sorts of mods taking price unto $2.5k :E there goes half your budget :P

All that tc volume control is a passive preamp, there are various types of these around. They have their own compromises, with cable length, impedance match mismatch between source and power amp playing a huge part in the end result. personally I'll stick with the active pre amps. Any passive pre amps have come across, though able to be quite useable and good enough I suspect for many in some cases, tend to be devoid of life and dynamics, compared to even quite rudimentary active versions. You get what you pay for as they say, and on the pre amp side I wouldn't be scrimping...

Comment

• wettou
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • May 2006

It has not shipped yet!

Comment

• gerardhn
                                          • Jun 2005

yes, i dont see and hear anything...

iám still thinking between 800 and used 700...

Comment

• gerardhn
                                            • Jun 2005

I have read that cp 800 will be on the market around April here in Europe and will cost 5500€, which is cheaper than the 700!!
                                            Classe realising now that 8000 € for the CP 7000 was overpriced???
                                            "law of diminishing returns" is seen by marketing?

Comment

• ukwildcat
                                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by sikoniko

I won't DISAGREE, but..

I had a very high-quality two-channel preamp until I heard the SSP at home, and IN MY OPINION, it FINALLY reached the performance dedicated two-channel preamp (when used in bypass) and that was one reason to make the switch.

Then I realized that I'm really better off with all-digital sources to begin with. Somewhat more flexible, more convenient, etc. and of course with a lossless digital music format, I don't lose anything. I cannot tell the difference anymore between digital music sources on the SSP and my Mark Levinson No. 51 player and No. 360S preamp setup.

I don't doubt that it could be BETTER, but not without robbing a bank or something for better gear. Even then, it would probably be beyond the capability of my Aerial speakers to resolve it, so I would have to upgrade THOSE as well.

At any rate, my point is that the state of the art has advanced to the point where a multichannel component is no longer a "compromise," even for most audiophiles.

Comment

• wettou
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • May 2006

Bypass the pre-pro all together if all you are listening to is Stereo :T

A good balanced amp, a good source like an SACD player (Sony SCD-XA5400ES) and TC electronic volume control is all you need :T

Comment

• Cambs12
                                                  • Jul 2006

For anyone who has heard the Cp800.Will this sound better than a CDp-202(which i have at the moment) through a Cp500(considering a used one at a good price locally).I would play lossless files from a pc or Ripnas through the Cp800.

Comment

Working...
                                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                  Search Result for "|||"