X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sasha99
    • Dec 2010

CP 500 vs. CP 700 or CP 800

Good day from Ottawa, Canada
    I am using my CAP 151 for the past 7 years, withouth a glithch. 2 weeks ago purchased finally my (hopefully not last) CA 2200. I am using preamp side of my CAP 151 but activelly shoping for a new preamp.
    Just finished off very thorough audition of some tube preamps, to be on the safe side and not to miss something.....and what to say....Tubes did not work for me. I will stick with classe and am shopoing for either CP 500 or CP 700. I just recently learned of CP 800 which is very interesting to me, because it contains DAC, which would eventualy replace my DAC Magic.
    Some guys are mentioning that SSP 600 does not give anything tonally toward CP 500 (how does it compare ot CP 800) and it has a DAC to...
    That is to much of information for me to digest right now, and where I live there is not much of a chance to play with classe gear. We even did not have a dealer in Ottawa until last month.
    I am not interested in movies, but woudl setle for SSP 600 if it is close tonally to CP 500 or CP 700.
    Could you guys please give me some guidance on this, especially if you were lucky to hear above mentioned gear.

Thanks a lot
    Sasha

Mu setup is:
    Marantz SA 8260
    CAP 151
    CA 2200
    Synchrony One's
  • rickc
    • Sep 2006

I have both an SSP 600 and CP700. I use the bypass mode and am very happy with this combination. In regards to two channel only I bought the CP 700, so that I could get the best two channel sound possible with my current all Classe system w/ B&W 802D's.

The SSP 600 is probably more in line with the CP500 and SSP800 for two channel sound. When you combine all of those features in a SSP you give up some detail and sound stage etc. I also believe that the dedicated power supply helps out the CP700 and sets it at a different level versus all of the other Classe delta gear that is available.

It is also hard for me to believe that the CP800 with DACs included will sound better then either a CP500 or CP700. I haven’t heard it???

Most of the folks that respond to this Classe site are interested in surround sound versus dedicated two channel.

That is my opinion

Comment

• Sasha99
      • Dec 2010

Thanks Rick
      It is becoming increasingly dificult to concentrate on 2 channel only. Almost whole industry goes toward surround sound, processing, fens in the gear for better venting in built in racks and so on.
      What is your opinion on the DAC quality in SSP 800?
      I am about to update my DAC magic to somthing in 1500 - 2000 range.
      Is it safe to consider DAC portion on SSP 800 somewhere at that price range performance level?
      Thanks for your input again.

Sasha

Originally posted by rickc
      I have both an SSP 600 and CP700. I use the bypass mode and am very happy with this combination. In regards to two channel only I bought the CP 700, so that I could get the best two channel sound possible with my current all Classe system w/ B&W 802D's.

The SSP 600 is probably more in line with the CP500 and SSP800 for two channel sound. When you combine all of those features in a SSP you give up some detail and sound stage etc. I also believe that the dedicated power supply helps out the CP700 and sets it at a different level versus all of the other Classe delta gear that is available.

It is also hard for me to believe that the CP800 with DACs included will sound better then either a CP500 or CP700. I haven’t heard it???

Most of the folks that respond to this Classe site are interested in surround sound versus dedicated two channel.

That is my opinion

Comment

• mdonda
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Sasha99
        Good day from Ottawa, Canada
        I am using my CAP 151 for the past 7 years, withouth a glithch. 2 weeks ago purchased finally my (hopefully not last) CA 2200. I am using preamp side of my CAP 151 but activelly shoping for a new preamp.
        Just finished off very thorough audition of some tube preamps, to be on the safe side and not to miss something.....and what to say....Tubes did not work for me. I will stick with classe and am shopoing for either CP 500 or CP 700. I just recently learned of CP 800 which is very interesting to me, because it contains DAC, which would eventualy replace my DAC Magic.
        Some guys are mentioning that SSP 600 does not give anything tonally toward CP 500 (how does it compare ot CP 800) and it has a DAC to...
        That is to much of information for me to digest right now, and where I live there is not much of a chance to play with classe gear. We even did not have a dealer in Ottawa until last month.
        I am not interested in movies, but woudl setle for SSP 600 if it is close tonally to CP 500 or CP 700.
        Could you guys please give me some guidance on this, especially if you were lucky to hear above mentioned gear.

Thanks a lot
        Sasha

Mu setup is:
        Marantz SA 8260
        CAP 151
        CA 2200
        Synchrony One's

I'm also looking for a new preamp and finally decided to go with solid state. Are you going to audition any other brands besides the classe? I also wanted to try the marantz, simaudio, and ayre. I really want a pre with ht bypass so that I don't have to buy an expensive pre/pro that would definitely compromise the stereo sound.

Comment

• Sasha99
          • Dec 2010

I think that I am going to stick with Classe. It is a proven product in my case. Also, it is almost impossible for me to even audition some brands like Ayre, even Classe did not have a dealership in Ottawa, until last month or so.
          Ergonomics is very important to me, so I could control CA 2200 with one remote, or if decide to add aditional one down the road. Classe has excellent service and support to, and I could drive it to the factory in Montreal in 2 hours. Last time, I sent it in for repair (minor). They fixed it, put it in original product box and shipped it back to me for free. When you send them an e-mail, somody acctually replies to you......

Simaudio is another good Canadian company from Montreal (which is 2 hours from Ottawa). I did not have a chance to hear anything form them, but it is getting excellent reviews, although, it is a bit pricier then Classe, (not sure about US pricing).
          I am very close to go for CP 700, will probably jump on it, once I find a good deal on Audiogon.
          Wha is your PA and speakers?

Cheers
          Sasha

Originally posted by mdonda
          I'm also looking for a new preamp and finally decided to go with solid state. Are you going to audition any other brands besides the classe? I also wanted to try the marantz, simaudio, and ayre. I really want a pre with ht bypass so that I don't have to buy an expensive pre/pro that would definitely compromise the stereo sound.

Comment

• mdonda
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Sasha99
            I think that I am going to stick with Classe. It is a proven product in my case. Also, it is almost impossible for me to even audition some brands like Ayre, even Classe did not have a dealership in Ottawa, until last month or so.
            Ergonomics is very important to me, so I could control CA 2200 with one remote, or if decide to add aditional one down the road. Classe has excellent service and support to, and I could drive it to the factory in Montreal in 2 hours. Last time, I sent it in for repair (minor). They fixed it, put it in original product box and shipped it back to me for free. When you send them an e-mail, somody acctually replies to you......

Simaudio is another good Canadian company from Montreal (which is 2 hours from Ottawa). I did not have a chance to hear anything form them, but it is getting excellent reviews, although, it is a bit pricier then Classe, (not sure about US pricing).
            I am very close to go for CP 700, will probably jump on it, once I find a good deal on Audiogon.
            Wha is your PA and speakers?

Cheers
            Sasha

Right now I'm using a denon processor as my pre, but will be upgrading. My current speakers are B&W 683s. I'm considering the synchrony one's. How do you like them?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"