• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

New CA2300

hi,

I go receive the CA2300 to drive the L&R (in place pf the CA2200.)

for Center&surround I use my CA3200.
    (speakers B&W 803DI - Htm2D - 805S - sub B&W750)

Before the new CT design was in my mind (a new SSP CT & CT2300) but the SSP 800 inside the "cabinet CT or CA is always the same product, the sound is the same , is onely a personal taste... = lose money only for a new design? (sell a CA ssp800 at 45% from the price payed the be replaced from a CT SSP?? ) I keep at home the SSP in CA design and i have decided for the CA2300...
    (the CA3200 is present in my rack and so is all from the same color & line!)

now I will replace the center Htm2D with the new Htm2DI.
    so all the front end is really the same but to be onest in a movie the Htm2D old ???(where!??) make a very fine work and I'm not so sure that this investment is the top!
    In place of the Htm2DI I can change the rear: replace the 805S with the 805DI or (better for price/performance) 804DI!

now the DI from B&W have a great sound and makene sense to buy a 802D
    new/Demo! I thinkk pay much more use my 803DI as front and the new DI rear or maybe the Htm2DI.....
    the 802 in DI are amazing but at today out budget and I have the ne 803DI from very little time!!!

please can you give your opinion?

thank you
    Style
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Hi style,

I will have whatever you put in your rubbish bin please!

Nigel.

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Yeah, it must be nice to have these worries
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

Hi,

sorry but why so hungry with me?!?!? ops: :E

a CA2300 i a nice ampli or??? :T

a CA2300 with 23% discount plus OR 804/5DI OR Htm2DI (always with same discount) is good price correct?!?

the ampli with the center or with new rear??? :roll: :roll:

greeetings style

Comment

• mjb
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Style, I think your system is now so good, that any improvements will be expensive and bring minimal improvement. Congratulations on the CA-2300, but instead of upgrading your surrounds, have you thought about trading up the front pair to 802D or DI, thats where most of the action is, and with your new CA-2300, it would probably bring the most satisfaction! Then I think you would have reached a pinnacle with no where to go, except to enjoy the music. But I'm sure with your present system you can do that now too Don't let upgraditus spoil your enjoyment!
          - Mike

Main System:
          B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
          Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

Hi Mike,
            that's right what do you write. "wenn du bist auf dem Gpfel des Berges, an der Spitze, dann kannst du so weiter gehen oder nach unter..."

big improvement is not easy..and every little jump in high = a lot of $$$$!!!

the CA2300 is a great ampli!: for listen music I say you ok, have 4 speakers DI and listen with the 2 front and the 2 rear music is a plaesure! but if is movie your "target" the htm2DI is the correct investment!

the 802D is a great speaker but I don't go change my 803DI for a pair of 802D.

for a pair 802DI without any doubt but are to much expensive...a CA2300 & 802DI all together is too much for me! ops:

the ca2300 come but for the speaker I don't know...at today I'm very happy with my set....

what do you think??
            mfg Omar

Comment

• garak
              • Jul 2007

Hi Omar,

Congrats on the new amp. I say save your money for now to buy the 802DI in the future, and at that time use your 803DI as surrounds. That will be a nearly perfectly balanced system.

Brian

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

Hi Brian,

thank you for your mail.

yes, I fond your idea the top t today. with the CA2300 I can drive the new 802DI (well is possible without doubt whit the CAx200 too) with a "little" more power!
                You have the new 802DI and if you have listen the "old 802D" I think that you have more payed for the new DI but the sound is very different vs. the D and
                at today invest monex ib a old 802D make not sense fo me....
                all respect for the 802D, a great speaker, but the 802DI is very amazing and a level up the 802D.
                buy a 802D and use the 803DI as rear is not a "complete downgrade" but really make no sense.

in place to buy a 804DI to replace the 805 as rear I save the money for the 802DI.

for you the center Htm2DI is a neccessary investment (to replace the Htm2D)???
                with movie the center is important ok but the Htm2D work very fine and pay
                $$ 6000?!? or so like that to replace a great Htm2D is like waste the money ...
                You agree???

thx Omar

Comment

• garak
                  • Jul 2007

Hi Omar,

I only think the upgrade from the HTM2D --> HTM2DI is worth it if:
                  1. You listen to a lot of multichannel music, such as SACD
                  2. You can hear a difference in timbre between your 803DI and the HTM2D

For me, I do #1, listen to a lot of SACD. However for #2, I don't notice a timbre difference between my 802DI and my HTM2D, so I will keep my HTMD2.

Brian

Comment

• style
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006

Hi Brian,

Listen Sacd OK: but is much better with the 2 front & 2 rear - without center.

make sense to go with the HTM2DI only if in movie you can hear a difference in timbre between your 80xDI and the HTM2D....

change the rear from 805 to 804DI if you listen multichannel music like you wrote...
                    with 4x 803D (2 x DI and 2 x D) for see movie is not so important. I had this set but I have sold the 803D (rear) and I use the 805s: for movie effect more as enough.

greetings Omar

OT: Oppo 93-> You have at home? the 95 will be like the 83SE or?
                    in Switzerland available only in februar 2011!!! :cry:

Comment

• garak
                      • Jul 2007

Hi Omar,

As for the Oppo BDP-95, that just seems to be like the 83SE, in this case the BDP-93 with better DACs and analogue section. But if you're just going to use it as a transport, there is no need to get the 95.

February is only 5 weeks away

Brian

Comment

• Antonkk
                        • Jan 2010

Does anyone has any experience with 2300 and 802D? Can it do them justice? CA-M 600 monobocks seem more suited for 801 or 800 models.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"