X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garrison
    • Oct 2010

new equipment finally here

Well just wanted to let everybody know my equipment is finally in. My new SSP-800 HDMI 1.4, CA-5300, Hydra Conditioner, Prodigy controller, and existing CA-5100.. Still waiting on my 2 gotham subs that should be here next week. Still sounds great with B&W 803D and HTM2D across the front and 4 805S at the rear and middle. I've included some pictures :T
    Attached Files
  • Skyblue
    • Jun 2009

Nice! My ssp 800 just arrived as well, but it is a hdmi 1.3 version. Did you pay extra for the 1.4 or is that just the standard henceforth?
    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• beden1
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2006

I'm not sure that having the 803Ds up that high is the best positioning? I always felt that having the tweeters positioned at near ear level was the best position. The HTM2D should also be tilted down if you are going to mount it up that high. I can't see from the picture if it is tilted or not?

Enjoy your new toys, just in time for Thanksgiving! :T

Comment

• Srrndhound
        • Sep 2008

Nice collection of Classe kit, there! I'm a little worried about the heat buildup in the cabinet. Do you leave to doors open?

Comment

• garrison
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Skyblue
          Nice! My ssp 800 just arrived as well, but it is a hdmi 1.3 version. Did you pay extra for the 1.4 or is that just the standard henceforth?
          I had to pay more. The new 1.4 is $9500

Comment

• garrison
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by beden1
            I'm not sure that having the 803Ds up that high is the best positioning? I always felt that having the tweeters positioned at near ear level was the best position. The HTM2D should also be tilted down if you are going to mount it up that high. I can't see from the picture if it is tilted or not?

Enjoy your new toys, just in time for Thanksgiving! :T
            You cant see my sitting position but it is theater seating and we are middle of the screen and the speakers. The center channel is positioned down at an angle directly where we sit. It's perfect! :T

Comment

• garrison
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Srrndhound
              Nice collection of Classe kit, there! I'm a little worried about the heat buildup in the cabinet. Do you leave to doors open?
              The cabinet is custom built with slits in the floor and the back. There is a very large in line fan connected to tubing drawing air out of the cabinet and out of the room.. It has a temperature gauge built into the fan system that when it reaches a certain temperature in the cabinetry the fan turns on and when it cools down the fan automatically shuts off. When running you can't even hear it because the fan is outside the room.. It's awesome :B !!!

Comment

• Srrndhound
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by garrison
                The cabinet is custom built with slits in the floor and the back. There is a very large in line fan connected to tubing drawing air out of the cabinet and out of the room.. It has a temperature gauge built into the fan system that when it reaches a certain temperature in the cabinetry the fan turns on and when it cools down the fan automatically shuts off. When running you can't even hear it because the fan is outside the room.. It's awesome :B !!!
                That's good thinking. It will make all the difference.

Looking forward to your reports/experience with the gear.

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

Congratulation garrison,

nice Classé equipment. :T

2 question:
                  - you need so "extrem solution" like Hydra and Prodigy controller ? the amplifier going into this 2 "gears" or into the wall outlet?

- the speakers (L&R) but expecially the Hmt2d is not too much high?! 8O

well, Enjoy with new Classé!!!

Style

Comment

• Skyblue
                    • Jun 2009

I had to pay more. The new 1.4 is $9500
                    I suppose its fairnuf then
                    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• Thumper
                      • Apr 2009

I understood that the 1.4 board wasn't shipping yet. Is it possible that you received a 1.3 board with a later 1.4 board to follow? Eventually....

Comment

• Skyblue
                        • Jun 2009

Btw. how is the 5300 compared to the 5100?

Comment

• ray5
                          • Dec 2008

Can you tell me more about your cabinet? It sounds very interesting. Did you get it built to your specs? Which company or local? Let me know. Thanks.
                          Ray

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"