X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gerardhn
    • Jun 2005

After 5 yr need new laser unit for cdp 100

All,

My cdp has problems reading TOC (Table of Content) and stays sometimes hanging in a cd.
    I know from experience this will become worse and worse and the diagnosis when I will bring it to service: "Sir, you need a laser unit". Of course outside guarantee period.
    Ok, I must pay. But to my opinion this is too early for such an expensive machine. I expect cost> 100 €.
  • wxmanunr
    • Dec 2008

Classe Repairs

I had a in the ballpark quote that it would cost about $500US to fix the digital output of my CDP-10. So, you'll probably be a lot further north than 100euro.

wxmanunr

Comment

• gerardhn
      • Jun 2005

Ok, question is whether or not this is normal and acceptable for such a player?

Comment

• technodanvan
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by gerardhn
        Ok, question is whether or not this is normal and acceptable for such a player?
        I don't know about it being 'normal', but I would argue it wouldn't be acceptable even for an inexpensive player, much less a Classe.
        - Danny

Comment

• Birdy
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by gerardhn
          All,

My cdp has problems reading TOC (Table of Content) and stays sometimes hanging in a cd.
          I know from experience this will become worse and worse and the diagnosis when I will bring it to service: "Sir, you need a laser unit". Of course outside guarantee period.
          Ok, I must pay. But to my opinion this is too early for such an expensive machine. I expect cost> 100 €.
          Mine was dead a bit more than after 3 years (just out of warranty). Laser was still ok but mechanism not, had a cd blocked inside and unable to get it out nor read it.
          Replacement of complete mechanism cost was 350€, was not so happy, as CDP was out of warranty for 1 month, that Classé didn't make a commercial gesture to replace it free of charge... :x :x :x :x

I suppose they know why they don't give 5 years warranty like for other gear... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"