X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • btf1980
    • Aug 2007

Problem with CA-2100

I recently purchased a brand new CA-2100 from my dealer. Everything was fine and dandy, but the past few days I've been having some problems. The LED lights blinked & the amp shut off. I unplugged the power cord, left it idle for 15 mins and put it back on and then it worked fine like normal, and it was working fine, up until yesterday. The NYC area had a pretty severe storm, so I left all my gear off. Went to put it on this morning and nothing. No power, no lights, nothing. Unplugged it and plugged it in, and it started working again.

A bit concerned here. I'll call my dealer to see if I can get it exchanged or get credit, but before I do, has anyone had this issue before?
    A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.
  • garak
    • Jul 2007

I have a CA-5200, and in the first couple months of operation, if it was on for a while, the LEDs would start blinking pink, but it didn't shut off.

I suspected that the blinking was a heat warning, so I put a cooling fan over the vents on the top, and since then I haven't had any issues.

As far as the no power, lights etc, haven't had that issue. Perhaps there was a power surge caused by the storm, and it tripped a circuit breaker in the amp???

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

The LED's flashing pink can mean: output overload, DC offset, clipping, abnormal line voltage, or excessive temperature. I also would check, if you're using CAN_BUS, whether the terminating resistor is installed on the last device in the chain.

Last edited by mjb; 20 September 2010, 08:23 Monday.
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

Hallo btf1980,

the red led come for too nuch tempetatur, DC protection (over of l or so like that, ..: with a Classe soft you can connect your pc with a rs232 to the Classe unit and you go have what is really happen!! a txt file come on your pc display
        so you can read what is really happen! is like a "passport" from your unit: temperatur, day or wirk, voltage, what have done this "lid red"...
        is a official Classe soft received from Tom from Classe Usa.....

very simply to use and top quality!!!

if do you will I can send you this sott per mail..

what us strange is that only 1 channel go in protection...but whit this sift you can see what happen...

greeting Style

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"