CP 700 power supply dead? (blinking blue light)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shep
    • Dec 2004

CP 700 power supply dead? (blinking blue light)

I started up my stereo and the pre-amp (CP 700) didn't power up. Looked at the external power supply and it had a blinking blue light on front. Checked all connections and they looked good. Tried shutting down and restarting. Same result. Seems like it is dead (fuse is still good). Any ideas? My local Classe dealer closed last year so no local options to get it checked. Still awaiting email feedback from Classe technical support.
  • Birdy
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by shep
    I started up my stereo and the pre-amp (CP 700) didn't power up. Looked at the external power supply and it had a blinking blue light on front. Checked all connections and they looked good. Tried shutting down and restarting. Same result. Seems like it is dead (fuse is still good). Any ideas? My local Classe dealer closed last year so no local options to get it checked. Still awaiting email feedback from Classe technical support.
    I'm one step further than you, no blue lts, nothing! Clearly power supply dead, fuse looks good as well.

Will have to bring it to local retailer.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Mine was a bit older than 3 years, yours?

Btw I do have a Delta interface diagnostic soft, would you be interested....

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

Hi Birdy,

but the fuse in the cp700 is break?

if you (and in a part shep too) had the ed in place of blue ALWAYS, after a restart too you need to go to your dealer....

style

Comment

• shep
        • Dec 2004

thanks for the offer of the software, but I assume that if the unit doesn't power up, then nothing to diagnose.

my unit is about 4-5 years old.

Comment

• Birdy
          • Mar 2006

thanks for the offer of the software, but I assume that if the unit doesn't power up, then nothing to diagnose.

Duno I ran it on an amp in stdby (as written on the doc) and it worked perfectly.
          If your led is blinking you still have some sort of current going in.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

Hi Birdy,

You have the cp700 at home or is to your dealer ?

is the soft not bad or? I had a problem with a bluray cd... the ampli go in protection ...stop..outlet out - wait a min. - outlet int OK.
            the soth say is all OK. phase, temp, voltage, ....is DC prot. = too much lf!!!
            an only with this bluray !!!!

I have say you the is available this soft to change the level of protection ...done or no???
            what do yo think?

thx. Style

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

If it is under five years it is still under warranty so send it to them to be repaired for free :B If you are the original buyer :T
              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Birdy
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by style
                Hi Birdy,

You have the cp700 at home or is to your dealer ?

is the soft not bad or? I had a problem with a bluray cd... the ampli go in protection ...stop..outlet out - wait a min. - outlet int OK.
                the soth say is all OK. phase, temp, voltage, ....is DC prot. = too much lf!!!
                an only with this bluray !!!!

I have say you the is available this soft to change the level of protection ...done or no???
                what do yo think?

thx. Style
                As there is no current going in the software is useless... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

As there is no current going in the software is useless...
                  !?

software to change the security level DC amplifiers Delta is available by request for years.

Just submit an application to Classe or your dealer with No. series of your amplifier and the software is sent to you or if you are not able to update yourself you can send the amplifier to Classe !!!!!

the "only" problem is that make "run" more electricity to your speaker can be dangerous.... a damage will be not accepted from B&W if you go make this changing...(and the Diamont tweeter are expensive!!!)

style

Comment

• Birdy
                    • Mar 2006

!?

software to change the security level DC amplifiers Delta is available by request for years.

Just submit an application to Classe or your dealer with No. series of your amplifier and the software is sent to you or if you are not able to update yourself you can send the amplifier to Classe !!!!!

the "only" problem is that make "run" more electricity to your speaker can be dangerous.... a damage will be not accepted from B&W if you go make this changing...(and the Diamont tweeter are expensive!!!)

style
                    Style,

You don't get it, the power supply is dead.

Comment

• style
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Feb 2006

No, no!!! in MY amplifier is go in protection: the unit do in off .

simply the outlet out and after a minute the outlet (cable secteur) IN the wall and all work perfect.
                      the software say the the protection is do a DC = too much LowFrequency and before the burn all (speaker-> at first the tweeter, then maybe the ampli)
                      all go in OFF.
                      is not "strange"...but are more possibility why the ampli go in protection:
                      -too much hot temperatur, - not enough voltage or too much (tollerance is 10 or 15% over the 230volt, - DC proctection, ....
                      ---> go see the mail that I sent to you PM -> elfbi you have a pdf file with all this possibility.

after a contact with Classe Switzerland (and Usa too, Tom) a possiblityto change the setup into the ampli with a soft can be a solution but I have this problem ONLY with a single bluray movie....

Style

Comment

• Birdy
                        • Mar 2006

No, no!!! in MY amplifier is go in protection: the unit do in off .

simply the outlet out and after a minute the outlet (cable secteur) IN the wall and all work perfect.
                        the software say the the protection is do a DC = too much LowFrequency and before the burn all (speaker-> at first the tweeter, then maybe the ampli)
                        all go in OFF.
                        is not "strange"...but are more possibility why the ampli go in protection:
                        -too much hot temperatur, - not enough voltage or too much (tollerance is 10 or 15% over the 230volt, - DC proctection, ....
                        ---> go see the mail that I sent to you PM -> elfbi you have a pdf file with all this possibility.

after a contact with Classe Switzerland (and Usa too, Tom) a possiblityto change the setup into the ampli with a soft can be a solution but I have this problem ONLY with a single bluray movie....

Style
                        It's not the amp but the pre....

Comment

• style
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Feb 2006

michel,
                          je parle de MON AMPLI j'ai bien compris que ton CP700 c'est brûlle....tu doit changer le group alimentation.

In 1 of your ampli CA22 with the soft Classe you have see that a DC protection is present into the "ampli memory" correct?
                          Never had a CA2200 that in go in protection???
                          Style

Comment

• shep
                            • Dec 2004

Just to repeat, for the benefit of style, my CP-700 pre-amplifier has a blinking light on the external power supply but no power to the pre-amp. I cannot start the pre-amp so I cannot modify firmware. My dealership closed last year. Looking for another dealer but the nearest one is far. Classe Canada want me to mail the unit to them. I am not the original owner - looking to see if I can determine the purchase date.

Comment

• Birdy
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Birdy
                              I'm one step further than you, no blue lts, nothing! Clearly power supply dead, fuse looks good as well.

Finally it came back!
                              Power supply was indeed dead, why? Unknown. They fixed it under warranty.

Funny thing is that I have the impression, still to be confirmed, that it is working better than before, more precise more 3D.

Could it be that slowly dying the power supply affected the performance, degrading the sound day by day so that I didn't hear the changes???? 8O

Comment

• ClasseCDP502
                                • Oct 2010

Hello Birdy
                                Could you send me Delta interface diagnostic soft? I have a CDP-502 and I want to check its status. If CDP-502 is cool down, I must switch off and then on for at least 3 times to power it on.

Thank you so much and I'm waiting for you.

Comment

• Birdy
                                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ClasseCDP502
                                  Hello Birdy
                                  Could you send me Delta interface diagnostic soft? I have a CDP-502 and I want to check its status. If CDP-502 is cool down, I must switch off and then on for at least 3 times to power it on.

Thank you so much and I'm waiting for you.
                                  Send me a MP with your email and I will send it to you.

Comment

• style
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Feb 2006

Hoi Michel,

the Soft is a real benefit or???

remember who have send to you this great "product" :W :B :lol: :lol:

no never mind, is lekker, mooi product klopt?

groeten Omar

Comment

• ClasseCDP502
                                      • Oct 2010

Send me a MP with your email and I will send it to you.
                                      Hi Birdy,
                                      I sent my email address by PM. Please check your pm. Thank you so much

Comment

• Birdy
                                        • Mar 2006

Hoi Michel,

the Soft is a real benefit or???

remember who have send to you this great "product" :W :B :lol: :lol:

no never mind, is lekker, mooi product klopt?

groeten Omar
                                        Real benefit if you have troubles yes.
                                        As now everything is ok...... no need for soft :P :P :P
                                        Just enjoying music :T :T :T :T :T :T

Comment

• Birdy
                                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ClasseCDP502
                                          Hi Birdy,
                                          I sent my email address by PM. Please check your pm. Thank you so much
                                          So as a courtesy to Style I must add "courtesy of Style"

Comment

• style
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Feb 2006

Precies meneer! :lol: :lol:

Maar voordat courtesy Classé!

At the Fiirst is a Classé Audio courtesy!! and I'm not Classé ops: :cry:

Michel is be expensive replace the power supply or was in warranty (i dont remember..)

and the new CP800 is in your heat??
                                            or at first the 802DI and than the cp800....or keep the cp700 and go with new amplifier?

groeten Omar

Comment

• Birdy
                                              • Mar 2006

Precies meneer! :lol: :lol:

Maar voordat courtesy Classé!

At the Fiirst is a Classé Audio courtesy!! and I'm not Classé ops: :cry:

Michel is be expensive replace the power supply or was in warranty (i dont remember..)

and the new CP800 is in your heat??
                                              or at first the 802DI and than the cp800....or keep the cp700 and go with new amplifier?

groeten Omar
                                              Fixed under warranty 8)

No money here for CP800 nor 802Di :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
                                              So will stick, happily, with what I have (and still realize I'm fortunate to have it :P :P :P :P :P :P )

Comment

Working...
                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                              Search Result for "|||"