X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eliav
    • Jul 2005

New Delta CA-M600 monoblocks

Hi
    I have been contemplating for such a long time to add a second pair of CA-M400 monoblocks ( driving B&W 800d), finally, when I was ready to pull the trigger, my dealer suggested I should wait for the neww ca-m600 monoblocks to be out in the market. He thought that the rack mount version of classe monoblocks (600watts) already sounds great, and that the new coming Delta cam600 has some new features that will make it sound BETTER/different than the cam400.
    My question is : Bi amping with 4 cam 400 Vs. two CAM 600 monoblocks ?
    I know it is impossible to answer this question, just your thoughts,theories and fantasies...... :W anyone seen pictures of these delta 600w mono's?
    Thanks
    :T Socrat
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

I haven't heard the CT-M600 (or the CA-M600 which will be the same amp except for chassis) but I've heard the CT-5300 and it's really good. As good as the CA-M400 is I would think the new CA-M600 would be the one to get. It should be plenty of power without having to passively bi-amp and based on the CT-5300s performance will be pretty spectacular.

The CA-M600 shouldn't look any different than the CA-M400 by the way. From what I understand the Delta Series chassis' are all the same as they have been.

Eric

Comment

• gerardhn
      • Jun 2005

Good to know that the chassis will stay the same..
      its nice to have the same curved line..
      it would be terrible if classe left their special shaped line so quickly
      btw.. what is happening more?
      M400 --> M600
      what about other equipment
      and more to fear ... price increases!
      for the last reason .... i would buy used or sale M400 now than M600.
      With the expected price increase I expect 4* M400 cheaper to get than 2 M600.

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

Hi,

the question is always the : I will be hpppy what a lot of watt for each speaker or make a bi-amping?

well, I have listen the cam400 (2x, left&right) and a setup with 2 x CA220 in bi.ampl.: speaker 802D.
        the bi-amp give you a huge improvemet listing music wherethe details is important (but is alwys important?!?! :W ) ....the sound in bi-amp is more transparent, controlled in each point, very stable, vs. the cam400 --> 400watt direct in the speaker and with 400watt or too 200 watt with a B&W (called speakerhungry from watt) the 200 or 200 i bi.ampare MORE as enough.

the bew cam60 : the chassis from the Delta with the "Ct" inside is dont' have news from Classe but is not bad.....

2x Ct2300 in biamp for me give you satisfaction witout doubt !!

Style

Comment

• Eliav
          • Jul 2005

Thank you all for your response.
          The price for the new cam600 is unknown, as soon as my dealer informs me, I will share with you guys. I am currently leaning toward 4x CAM400 for the following reasons :1. bi- amping each speaker with 800 watts, MAY potentially give better lower end control/punch.2. Per other audiophils experience ( not my own) imaging is better ( albeit - this may be an artificial phenomenon - see my thread " do you bi amp" in the club B&W forum).3.Price wise ; definitely cheaper to get a second pair of cam400 VS 2 brand new cam600..4. And last, the fact that 4x CAM400 with 800d works well for ABBEY ROAD studios indicates
          ( i assume) their verdict on the issue..

Thanks

Comment

• gerardhn
            • Jun 2005

Eliav,

agree with you 100%!
            and can you believe..... to have 4* CAM 400 at 800d??
            could you ever believe to get this when you were 18 yrs young????

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

eliav,
              oly you can reponde at this "personaly request"!

but for my 400 watt for a speaker are a lot!!!!!

the new Delta cam600 will be available in the next 1-2 years?? ops:

personaly if the $$$ is too a point with a "big- pice of the cake" of course 4 x cam400 are more expensive vs. 2 x cam600 or others 2 vs. 4 monoblok make the diffenrence: if you can 2 new 800Di and 2 x cam600.

if you search only stereo wait the new cp preampli: will replace the cp500 and will be much better as the cp700 that is at the level (or around) from the SSP800.....

Comment

• wettou
                Ultra Senior Member
                • May 2006

Originally posted by style
                the new Delta cam600 will be available in the next 1-2 years?? ops:
                Not, it is suppose to come out this fall per Classé:T
                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Eliav
                  • Jul 2005

Check out this link. I do not know how reliable this info is. http://www.martinshifi.co.uk/product...classe-cam600/

Comment

• hifiguymi
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2007

The new Delta Series amps start production in September (there may have been a couple produced already) and will start shipping right away. I do believe they will be more than the CT Series because the chassis is more expensive to manufacture. I don't have exact pricing yet but I believe they will be around $500.00 US more than their CT counterparts. I think the plan is to have them available to purchase by the time they show them at CEDIA in a few weeks.

Eric

Comment

• Tweir
                      • Oct 2006

The link is inaccurate! The new delta amps will be the same as the ct amps with regard to power. So delta will have a 300 watt stereo, 600 watt mono, 300 watt 5 channel and a 300 watt mono. They will all look like the delta gear but eliminate the heatsinks on the sides and replace with one continuous piece of aluminum. Imagine the amps looking like the cd player and the processor's. Since the new delta is based on the ICTunnel you will no longer have the need for the heatsinks. The portion of black on the delta on the face will have an intake on the sides to allow the air to come in and the fan will be on the back for exit. I have not seen the unit in person this is the information I have received. Pricing will be 1000.00 USD over the ct series due to the aluminum sides and the navcom feet are included on delta and are a 140.00 dollar option for the ct series. So that makes the delta m600 7500.00 usd.

Comment

• gerardhn
                        • Jun 2005

Tweir,

thx... !
                        unfortunately we need always 2 of those amps in our basket, so 15 k would be the bill. That is a lot of money

Comment

• style
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Feb 2006

and at today a lot of words..... 8O

ops:

I dont believe in this or the other version ..
                          when will be presented by Classé then we can talk :T :T

with all respect

style

Comment

• hifiguymi
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2007

All of that info is correct. I was talking to Tom at Classe a couple of weeks ago and that is what he told me is changing in the Delta Series. The CA-3200 is not being replaced but the rest of the 200 watt amps are. The 100 watt amps are not changing. I don't remember if the price is going up $1000.00 per amp or $500.00 per amp but it is going up.

Eric

Comment

• gerardhn
                              • Jun 2005

Anyway, little bit off line the topic...

But to have a new stereo from classe based on the monoblocks ...

one should think of: 30.000 euro/dollar.

Are we crazy or not to pay that??

Add to that at least 802 Di....

it counts up to 45.000 euro/dollar.

Are we not even more crazy to pay that.??

How long do you need to save for that, every month again, if you see what it is left when you payed the bills and reserved some money for also other maybe more necesary things..??

The margins must be tremendous.
                              It is a small market where a lot of companies can exist. Look also at cables.
                              It means it is far from shaken out!

Maybe some off line thoughts..

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"