X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dspgolf
    • May 2010

Classe vs Bryston

How would you compare the two company's audio products? Sound wise and also looks? Just wanted some insight

Dave
  • gerardhn
    • Jun 2005

Looks...subjective, personal taste.

Of course both brands are good! Maybe Classe a nose length winner.

What is also important is the sound/money. There are I think Bryston wins with its cd player and amps.

Bryston is more friendly priced than Classe.

Comment

• Audio_ElF
      • Oct 2007

At the level of Classe and Bryston, the comparison is more "they are different" than one is better than the other.

Bryston has great reputation for bullet proof power amps, they are used in professional environments as well as domestic. Their 20 year warranty really gives you confidence. Classe make (to my mind) more attractive products - but some of the cost undoubtedly goes on the casing. Classe have actually managed to make a HDMI / HiDef audio compatible processor where-as Bryston (AFAIK) are still faffing to produce their SP3. On the other hand, Bryston produce both a highly regarded DAC and have released details of a forthcoming music-file player.

Not sure about prices in NL, but in UK my impression (not directly compared) is that Classe (imported by Bowers and Wilkins) tend to be keener priced than Bryston (imported by PMC).

Eloise

Comment

• HDBLU
        • Jul 2008

How would Musical Fidelity compare with Bryston and Classe, just noticed also Musical fidelity has the New AMS100 that just looks awesome also it class A.
        2ch Setup
        Krix Neupohonix
        Musical Fidelity M6i
        Musical Fidelity M6CDP
        Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
        MIT

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

if you likethe sound from a Class A ... :W

the M6 new line is not bad (pre, ampli, cd & dac) :T

Style

Comment

• caberxx
            • Jan 2010

I suspect it's really a matter of preference. When I was buying my 802's, the dealer had Bryston and Krell amps. I have Classe. I really didn't like the 802's at the dealers, although they sounded much better with the Krell than with the Bryston. In order to determine what it was I didn't like (the amps of the speakers), I then took my old speakers (Monitor Audio 1800 Gold) that I had been using with Classe amps into the dealer and set them up with the Bryston and Krell. Same result. The MA sounded much better at home on the Classe than with the Bryston, and better (but not as much better) than with the Krell. Thus, my conclusion is that the Classe is much better than the Bryston - cleaner, more open, better staging and separation and far more dynamic. But as I said, it's likely just a matter of preference.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"