X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • multiham
    • May 2010

Universal Remote Controls and Classe SSP 800

Looking at investing in a Universal Remote Control (probaly MX 980). Does anyone use this brand to currently control a SSP-800? As many of you may know, Universal as a company is tough to work with unless you are a professional installer. I have used their non updateable software in the past with luck but sold my remote when I sold the rest of my old system.

Thanks!

Steve
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

I'm a little biased since I'm a dealer that sells URC but I love the MX-980 and own one myself. I have a customer that has an SSP-800 and and MX-980 and they work great together. I have another customer with an SSP-600 and an MX-880 that are great as well. Programming does require a dealer because there are, especially on an MX-980, a lot of intricacies that aren't easy to pick up unless you've gone through training. I whole heartedly recommend the MX-980 with the SSP-800, or anything else for that matter.

Eric

Comment

• JoseS
      • Nov 2009

I also recommend the URC mx980. Been using it for almost 3 yrs now and 1+ yrs on the SSP800 with no issues whatsoever. Best remote I've had and URC's customer support is excellent!

Comment

• SRT-10 Viper
        • Mar 2005

I am with Eric on the MX-980... I am one of the Customer's he mentioned above it and really like it with my system.

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by multiham
          Looking at investing in a Universal Remote Control (probaly MX 980). Does anyone use this brand to currently control a SSP-800? As many of you may know, Universal as a company is tough to work with unless you are a professional installer. I have used their non updateable software in the past with luck but sold my remote when I sold the rest of my old system. Thanks! Steve
          I used the Harmony One and programed it myself it works beautifully and I am not a pro by any stretch .....:T
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"