X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • multiham
    • May 2010

SSP 800 and CA5200

I don't even know how to describe the last 1.5 hours!! I am constructing a little listening/watching area in my basement. Have all the walls up and I am waiting for the carpet to be installed in another week or so. During this time, I have picked out and taken delivery of my equipment. I have a new SSP 800 and a CA5200 along with B&W 804 DI's. I have been staring at these boxes for 3 weeks. Didn't want to set anything up as I would just have to move them all to have the carpet put in. Anyone who has a CA5200 can understand moving that piece is not easy!!! Anyway, I couldn't take it any longer and broke open the SSP800 and CA5200 boxes this afternoon. Did a temporary set-up on the floor with my old Paradigm Studio 40 speakers and my Apple TV. Had the basic configuration done in 10 minutes and fired it up. I can't believe how great it sounds!! EVERYTHING I played sounded fantastic. I can't wait to get the carpet installed so that I can break out the new speakers!
  • KahunaCanuck
    • May 2008

Congrats, you are only going to luv it more the longer you have it! :T
    Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• multiham
      • May 2010

Should the lights for all 5 channels be lit on the front when I'm only using 2 channels right now?

Thanks!

Steve

Comment

• garak
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by multiham
        Should the lights for all 5 channels be lit on the front when I'm only using 2 channels right now?

Thanks!

Steve
        Congrats Steve! That's a great setup. And yes, all 5 LEDs should be lit on your CA-5200. It's either all on or all off. There is no way to power down the channels you're not using.

Comment

• multiham
          • May 2010

My SSP-800 was a demo unit. I took the time when I set them up to rename the source inputs on the SSP-800. Went on vacation and turned the SSP-800 off and unplugged it. When I turned it back on today, all the source names and configuration (HDMI, coax, etc) reverted back to the demo set-up. Is there something I didn't do to "save" the input information.

Will call the dealer tomorrow, but hate not having it available today!

Thanks!

Steve

Comment

• SwainDtV
            • Sep 2008

Did you switch the SSP 800 off with the on/off switch on the back?

If so than changes are lost. You first have to use standby. This will save your changes.

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

Originally posted by multiham
              My SSP-800 was a demo unit. I took the time when I set them up to rename the source inputs on the SSP-800. Went on vacation and turned the SSP-800 off and unplugged it. When I turned it back on today, all the source names and configuration (HDMI, coax, etc) reverted back to the demo set-up. Is there something I didn't do to "save" the input information. Will call the dealer tomorrow, but hate not having it available today! Thanks! Steve
              Oops did you put it on stand by first, always a good thing
              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Xavier
                • May 2007

multiham, congratulations.

I have also purchased recently a SSP-800 and I'm literally in heaven. Everything sounds amazing with it: CD, BD, SACD. Even older recordings sound excellent. I found myself going back to my 80-90's collection and CD's keep pilling up next to my system.

My current setup is:

Source:
                OPPO BDP-83 NU + CLASSE CDP-300
                Processor:
                CLASSE SSP-800
                AMP:
                CLASSE 3200 (Front + Center)
                TAG 100x5R (Surround)
                Speakers:
                B&W 802D (Front)
                B&W HTM4s (Center)
                TagMclaren Calliope (Surround)

Next step: Dedicated Homecinema room. 8)
                System: CLASSÉ SSP-800; CLASSÉ CA3200 (F+C); TAG 100x5R (S) - Speakers: B&W 802D (F) + B&W HTM4s (C) + TAG Calliope (S) + REL STRATA V Sources: CLASSÉ CDP300; Oppo BDP-83 NE - Video: Panasonic PT-AE3000; Tela BEAMAX (moldura)

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Xavier
                  multiham, congratulations. Next step: Dedicated Homecinema room. 8)
                  I would love that to but my house doesn't have a room that I can dedicate, when I move I will look for that special room :B
                  Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Xavier
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by wettou
                    I would love that to but my house doesn't have a room that I can dedicate, when I move I will look for that special room :B
                    As you come closer to the perfect system (according with my standards of course)it becomes obvious that the listening environment is the main obstacle to achieving the best sound possible. I'm currently in that crossroad. I have a couple of options, namely to create an intermediate floor in between my apartment and the garage. In September I'll seriously evaluate the project, technically and financially and proceed if viable.
                    System: CLASSÉ SSP-800; CLASSÉ CA3200 (F+C); TAG 100x5R (S) - Speakers: B&W 802D (F) + B&W HTM4s (C) + TAG Calliope (S) + REL STRATA V Sources: CLASSÉ CDP300; Oppo BDP-83 NE - Video: Panasonic PT-AE3000; Tela BEAMAX (moldura)

Comment

• multiham
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by SwainDtV
                      Did you switch the SSP 800 off with the on/off switch on the back?

If so than changes are lost. You first have to use standby. This will save your changes.
                      Thank you! I did not put it in standby first.

Steve

Comment

• Xavier
                        • May 2007

Every once in while when I connect the SSP-800, the source image splits into two showing on the left side what it looks to be the source image it self but distorted and on the right side a couple of horizontal multicolor shifting lines. It readjusts as I change inputs.

Still is this normal or it may be a sign of any hardware problem?

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"