X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ray5
    • Dec 2008

Classe and Rotel

Hi ! I have an opportunity to get a Ca 5200. It would replace less a year old Rotel amps in the form of 1091,1092 and a 1572. You can see the rest of my setup in my profile. Question: is it worth it? Thanks,
    Ray
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Only you can answer that ;-)
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• ray5
      • Dec 2008

Hi,
      So I took the plunge. With a lot of caution and lots of money. Having read so much about that it doesn't make a difference and lots to the contrary also. I don't consider myself an audiophile by any standards and was REALLY hoping I would hear a difference and at the same time did not want to HEAR stuff that was in my head either.
      The conclusion was really clear and pretty quick. Not much in HT but 2 channel was absolutely clear. The Classe was full, deep and warm, just flowed like honey. The Rotel was good but lacked the body. I switched it a couple of times to be sure but undoubtedly was clear. I am really happy I took the risk. Now to sell my Rotels.
      Ray

Comment

• garak
        • Jul 2007

Congrats Ray! I also moved to a CA-5200 from Rotel, but from 1077, and the difference was huge. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. Next step - SSP-800 :twisted:

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"