X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigchief
    • Mar 2010

SSP-800 upgrades

Are there two different SSP-800 models on the market? Or was there a previous SSP-800 sold and then they designed a new one with more upgrades or anything? I have heard of member buying a new SSP-800 that previsous owned one, and I have seen one for sale for half the price of a new one. I was wondering were there two types out there. I know about the CT line, but I not talking about that. Just trying to make sure I get the SSP-800 that most current, what should I be looking for if there are differences in the SSP-800 models..

Thanks in advance
  • KahunaCanuck
    • May 2008

There has only been one SSP 800, they did add the dual DSP board for decoding Hidef codecs after the launch, but all 800s should have that now. Other than that there is just the SSP 800 & CT800, which are identical except for the outside boxes.
    Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• bigchief
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by KahunaCanuck
      There has only been one SSP 800, they did add the dual DSP board for decoding Hidef codecs after the launch, but all 800s should have that now. Other than that there is just the SSP 800 & CT800, which are identical except for the outside boxes.
      Okay thanks, but if I am buying a used one should I ask if this hidef codec modification has been done, by the way what is this hifidef codecs?

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by bigchief
        Okay thanks, but if I am buying a used one should I ask if this hidef codec modification has been done, by the way what is this hifidef codecs?
        DTS Matser Audio, DD True HD
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"