X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian1975
    • Apr 2009

Problem with my Classé CAM-400

Hi,

I ordered the Classé CAM-400 monoblocks, the B&W 805di and the sub JL audio F113. I received the monoblocks today and installed them with the SSP-800 and under the trigger mode. When I try to use my SSP-800 Classé remote to change the volume or trying to do anything, it shuts down one of the two monoblocks. What is wrong?

Thanks

Ian
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Hallo ian1975,

trigger On - Off?
    trigger on the SSP800 setting?
    ending trigger-run?

Sorry but go with the can bus rj45!!!, more info in your ssp display, no problem, on the edge!!!

2 cam400 for the 805??
    what for cd player do you will use?

Style

Comment

• ian1975
      • Apr 2009

Hi Style,

The CAMs are for the 802ds, the 805di are for the rears. How do you set up the CAN-BUS and the SSP-800...I have also the CA-5200 for the center and rears.

Thanks

Ian

Comment

• ian1975
        • Apr 2009

Sorry, I found the problem. Instead of connecting to the trigger out, I connected to the IR out from the SSP-800 to one of the two monoblocks, that's why everytime I use the remote, it affects the CAM-400.

Thanks

Ian
        :T

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

Hallo ian,

Ok, trigger ...
          but you can go with another rj45 cables from the CAM400 too!!

you can make a setup with the SSP800:
          at frst go to the cam400 and than to the ca5200 ( but is the same..)

with 1 touch on the SSP you cn have only the CAM400 in ON with the
          802-> stereo pure 2 channel and the ca5200 stay in stanb-by... and another to have all (CAM&CA52) in ON!!!

I go make so for my CA2200 & CA3200....
          is very comfortable with the information they receive from the SSP you have everything under control!
          phase, voltage, temperature, ...

why not?

Style

Comment

• mjb
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Ian,

Remove the "trigger" cables. Then hook everything up in series with straight RJ-45 patch cables. Obviously go from CAN OUT on one device, to CAN IN on the next, starting with the SSP-800. Use the RJ-45 terminator thingy supplied on the CAN OUT of the last device in your chain.

Then spend a bit of time with the instruction book, and build say 2 configurations on the SSP, one with all the amps on for surround, one for stereo. Then assign these configurations to the relevant inputs, and the amps should turn on and off automatically as required.

Additionally you can monitor the temp and voltage of each device in the SSP's STATUS -> MORE menu.

This is talked about extensively in the SSP-800 manual, page 54 onward. More CAN BUS information is here: http://www.classeaudio.com/html/CANBus.htm
            - Mike

Main System:
            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• ian1975
              • Apr 2009

Thanks Style and Mike. The CAN-BUS connection is working perfectly.

Ian
              :T

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"