X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SRT-10 Viper
    • Mar 2005

New CT5300... Wow

I just switched amps from a Krell TAS 200Wx5 Amp to a the Classe CT5300... All I can say is wow! I had two other guys over helping install the amp and we did a test prior too/after the install. We all sat there amazed at the improvement in sound. I have 2 Lamm 1.2 Reference Amps for the front and the Classe (prior Krell) runs the center and rears. For speakers I have 800Ds in the front and HTM1D center with 802Ns in ther rear. I also have 2 JL Audio Subs. For a processor, I have the SSP800. The new CT5300, integrates the fronts with the center and rear speakers much better than the Krell. The sound is also much less Harsh (grain) now and the amp still needs to be broken-in (Classe states 300 hours).

Late night of listening :T
  • Blue-Eyes
    • Dec 2002

Good story, but why not the matching CA5200 for your SSP800?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• SRT-10 Viper
      • Mar 2005

Thanks for the comment. I have the unit in a different rack so the matching SSP800 look isn't as important as the added power.

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

hallo SRT-10 Viper,

I agree with Blue-Eyes:
        or the all sistem in Ct series or Delta! the Ct in the rack 19" , a very cabinet I can understand but the Ct5300 is very similar as the CA5200. you have a 100watt more pro channel but the bloc inside are the same: I have this info from Classe received.

I have just replacemy SSP800 & CA5200 with a NEW SSP800with CA2200 & CA3200.
        the SSP is set to go in stereo wih the CA2200 and the CA3200 stay in stand-by -> this for listen music 2 channel. for movie another set with te can bus and all the ampli go at work!
        and the CA2200 sound better vs. the CA5200!!!
        the CA5200 is big, go more hot in temperatur, heavy!!! and the Ct5300 , yes wow a tooo big, heavy gear. the CA5200 and Ct5300 use the same power bloc inside (onlythe power is differente) but is the same electronic inside . I have received this info from Classe self why before replace the SSP800 with another SSP800 I have thinked at the Ct sereis...but in a "normal rack" no thank.
        the Ct2300 is a interesting ampli: a 2 channel very great. the multi chanel in the last time is alway minus sold vs. stereo ampli.....

The Ct5300/CA5200 is another thing vs. Krell I like the Classe sound much more!
        but this IS MY OPINION!!! and if the Ct5300 make you happy enoy it!!!! :W :W

style

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

I'll just chime in here a little bit. I'm the one that sold and install that CT-5300 and it isn't the same as the Delta CA-5200. They are different amps and the CA-5200 is going to go through a revision later this year, along with the CA-2200 and CA-M400, to incorporate the CT Series amp modules (the CA-3200 will stay the same). Classe has stated that the new CT Series amps are better sounding amps than the current Delta Series and some of the best they've made. After listening to that system on Monday night with a cold amp, straight out of the box and no break in, it was AMAZING. I don't know if I've ever heard that smooth of a soundstage where the center channel didn't sound like it was on. The rear speakers sounded too loud with the Krell, with the system properly calibrated, and just right with the Classe. It was a wonderful improvement.

I've sold a lot of amplifier lines in the past, Mark Levinson (and Proceed), Krell, Bryston, Threshold (and Forte), Linn, Adcom and Rotel. I've heard some very good systems and amplifiers and the CT-5300 is as good as I've heard. The long and short of the store is if any of you get a chance to listen to the CT Series, do it. They are really, really good!

Eric

Comment

• sikoniko
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

so when you are going to get the CT-M600's?
            I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

Hi,

Eric I agree that the new Ct serie have a new tech with the ventiles inside and others (more power too) but I dont like a so big power ampli.

The Ct600 in monobloc has used the test the new 800Di:
              the listing from this new Ct600 was a delusion. the people the was in the room (a trated room, not a home-room) have found this ct600 with the New 800di without dynamic and not at the level from the price of the product.

Is a personal taste Eric. I like the Delta ampli. The Delta SSP is the same as
              Ct SSP here no problem. for the ampli is you like listen in pure stereo the CA2200 sound better vs. the CA5200.

Style

Comment

• hifiguymi
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by sikoniko
                Yeah! I'd like to know as well.

Eric

Comment

• hifiguymi
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2007

Style,

I've not listed to the Delta Series and CT Series back to back so I can only go on memory. I would say the CT Series is better from what I remember. The CT-5300 in Viper's system had the type of ease I remember hearing when a different customer of mine upgraded from a CA-2200 to a pair of CA-M400s. The system just disappeared and all that was left was music. I really did forget to evaluate the system and just enjoyed myself which is the best compliment I can pay.

Eric

Comment

• style
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006

@hifiguymi
                    ... I really did forget to evaluate the system and just enjoyed myself which is the best compliment I can pay.
                    :T :T

Is too true the I prefer have a 2x CA2200 in bi-ampli vs. 2 x cam400.

the CA2200 in bi-amp. give a trasparent sound that the cam400 don't give you. -> 4 x CAm400 can be sure great but not listen...

The update from a Krell to Classe is a very differente sound.
                    Viper's system is sure a great and good system. I don't say that is not a valable combo.
                    At the beginning with speak over the ca5200 and ct5300 dimension: I find this power ampli very amazing in weight, dimension,...
                    the sound performance are from this 2 multichannel very agreed from a lot of people!

I had changed from ca5200 to ca2200 and ca3200: the ca2200 for me sound better vs. the ca5200.....and i like the "small depth, the weight, the temperatur not so hot,...but liek wrote IS A PERSONAL TASTE.

other member have listen the CA5200 and say wow too: they had a Sunfire multichannel 7 x 200watt but they say that the Classa have more power!

what say more...
                    Style

Comment

• SRT-10 Viper
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by sikoniko

Don't know... Eric, so when can I get a pair to test 600s vs my Lamms?
                      Last edited by SRT-10 Viper; 06 May 2010, 16:01 Thursday.

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                        I'll just chime in here a little bit. I'm the one that sold and install that CT-5300 and it isn't the same as the Delta CA-5200.
                        Very true

www.classeaudio.com/ctseries/downloads/CT-5300_ENG_1-2.pdf

They are different amps and the CA-5200 is going to go through a revision later this year, along with the CA-2200 and CA-M400, to incorporate the CT Series amp modules (the CA-3200 will stay the same).
                        Too bad I wanted a CT-3200!

Classe has stated that the new CT Series amps are better sounding amps than the current Delta Series and some of the best they've made. After listening to that system on Monday night with a cold amp, straight out of the box and no break in, it was AMAZING. I don't know if I've ever heard that smooth of a soundstage where the center channel didn't sound like it was on. The rear speakers sounded too loud with the Krell, with the system properly calibrated, and just right with the Classe. It was a wonderful improvement, the CT-5300 is as good as I've heard. The long and short of the story is if any of you get a chance to listen to the CT Series, do it. They are really, really good! Eric
                        Soon I hope, but I will wait for the CT in Delta clothing Hopefully they will keep the price the same!!

Eric where are you based?
                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Feb 2006

Yes the CT is not in Silver and have another form :W

with all respect hifiguymi, the are 2 differrent series!!!

but the sound is the same Classe sound! Classe say me the the CT and Delta are inside very similar!!!

only the power output is different.
                          I don't will invest my money in a Ct5300 never and never!

the Ct600 tested with the 800Di was a very delusion!
                          I have received a new Ssp800 and the remote control is the remote from the Ct serie!!! (the SSp800 and Ct 800 are the same.

the be placed is a normal rack the Delta lood very good the Ct sorry but is very bad!

A Ct 3300 was very apprecied, this sure. (we hve the Ct 2300 at today....)

Hifigimmi the room is the most import point !! you can place other great power ampli but if the room dont "pay" the sound will be very bad.
                          A Nagra MSA (in stereo is 2 x 60watt), you go with 2 MSA in bridged mode with the new 802Di -> forget the Ct ampli Classe!!!

A simply Nagra Msa with Vfs, Verity Rienzi speakers , preampli PL L, cd player Emmlabs or Accuphase cd700, argento cãbles, ....
                          bey bey Classe

Comment

• style
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Feb 2006

and the new 802Dii in bi-wiring

CT600 and Much more....

looks good, but sound?? :W
                            style

Comment

• wettou
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by style

.... looks good, but sound?? :W style
                              Is that your house sweet!!
                              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Feb 2006

Hi sweet dream!!!

maybe in 10 years!!
                                This are the pictures from the Ct600 with the 802D2 in test.
                                Like wrote is a great material but the Ct600 have not "impressed" for a so expensive New ampli!

I have just changed my SSP800&CA5200 with another a New SSP800, CA2200&CA3200. The remote controll from the SSP is now in "black" like the Ct serie...
                                the 804D (piano black) are too just coming.... :T

In Switzerland to have a new 802d2 or 803d2 the delivery time is around 2 months!!! 8O

I have a 802D "old" for a very great price: buy or not buy?

Style

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by wettou
                                  Too bad I wanted a CT-3200!
                                  I agree. That is the most undersold amp in their line. It's a great value at $1000.00 more than the CA-2200.

Originally posted by wettou
                                  Soon I hope, but I will wait for the CT in Delta clothing Hopefully they will keep the price the same!!

Eric where are you based?
                                  I'm in Michigan.

Eric

Comment

• beden1
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Oct 2006

Hi sweet dream!!!

maybe in 10 years!!
                                    This are the pictures from the Ct600 with the 802D2 in test.
                                    Like wrote is a great material but the Ct600 have not "impressed" for a so expensive New ampli!

I have just changed my SSP800&CA5200 with another a New SSP800, CA2200&CA3200. The remote controll from the SSP is now in "black" like the Ct serie...
                                    the 804D (piano black) are too just coming.... :T

In Switzerland to have a new 802d2 or 803d2 the delivery time is around 2 months!!! 8O

I have a 802D "old" for a very great price: buy or not buy?

Style
                                    Why did you swap your SSP-800?

Comment

• wettou
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • May 2006

Originally posted by beden1
                                      Why did you swap your SSP-800?
                                      It burned to the ground 8O

From Classé: "CA-3200, CA-2100 and CA-5100, which do not have direct replacements in the new design will continue to be sold". There will be a CA-M600, CA-M300, CA-2300 and CA-5300, each of which will be $500 more than its CT counterpart.

The price delta reflects the approximate cost differential between the CT and CA amp chassis.

Sonically and technically the new amps are an improvement over the old and most people who have compared them consider the improvement substantial." Timing is end of June

Has anyone had a chance to compare the new CT vs Old Delta?

My interest is: CT-5300 vs CA-5200 ?

Comment

• style
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Feb 2006

From Classé: "CA-3200, CA-2100 and CA-5100, which do not have direct replacements in the new design will continue to be sold". There will be a CA-M600, CA-M300, CA-2300 and CA-5300, each of which will be $500 more than its CT counterpart
                                        :lol:
                                        The first Delta that go out are the CA5100 (3 pieces - new - in all europa),
                                        and the CP500 !!!!!

The CTssp & DeltaSsp inside are the same.

Ct5300 vs. CA5200?
                                        waht for question! I all give me all = the Ct5300!

wettou: you like the "design/look" fom the Ca5200 and the Ct5300?
                                        Personaly I don't go no more buy a powerampli sooo heavy, depth, hot after 30 minutes,... never and never!!!!

style

Comment

• SRT-10 Viper
                                          • Mar 2005

Some are true

Yes large, yes heavy, hot not at all. That's the advantage of the CT.

Comment

• ukwildcat
                                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by SRT-10 Viper
                                            Yes large, yes heavy, hot not at all. That's the advantage of the CT.
                                            Nonsense. I about broke my foot when trying to unpack that beast!

True, it's MUCH lighter than I thought but still..

It does run VERY cool. Definitely. Hence the advantage. Not really even WARM to the touch. My old Proceed HPAs would ALMOST burn you if you put your finger on the heatsinks after a long session.

The CT takes a VERY LONG break-in period. I'm nowhere close - my dealer says 300 hours, minimum. At "elevated" volume.

I'm pretty sure my walls would cave in before it hit max, though.

Comment

• wettou
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • May 2006

the CA-M600 rock :B

Comment

• style
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Feb 2006

at first is a BIG difference between the cax200 tecno vs. the new coolling tunnel system!

the new serie dont go in so high temperatu like the amplifier of the 80/90 year!

a old Classe "ca201" to gibe the best sound, after a long session is aroung 70° !!!! the CAx200 go to the 50-55° no more.

the new ICT tech. stay lower and with a very cntrolled temperatur!

they have study so a product for a lot or much consumer request!
                                                a rack in one appartament with the multichannel amplifiie (vlasse or other) I loved with not to high kilo, not high temperatur and space !
                                                but the "classe D" , small. much watt,... is not a loved high end product!
                                                (although big brand , like Jeff Rowlandwork with classe D at high level - and price!)

is really a personal taste: of course a rotel classe D in not the same of a JF priced $. 10k. amplifier...

multichannel ampli for a audiophil is not interesting product!, a lot of store
                                                in Europe dont "withdraw" multichannel amplifiers altthough you wil buy on the same store a new productnly stereo.

europa & Usa are very different in this "side of market"

personally I dont care a multi-channel amplifier. better to spend $. 1-2k. more and go with stereo products.

but this is my point of view.....

Comment

• ukwildcat
                                                  • Dec 2010

at first is a BIG difference between the cax200 tecno vs. the new coolling tunnel system!

the new serie dont go in so high temperatu like the amplifier of the 80/90 year!

a old Classe "ca201" to gibe the best sound, after a long session is aroung 70° !!!! the CAx200 go to the 50-55° no more.

the new ICT tech. stay lower and with a very cntrolled temperatur!

they have study so a product for a lot or much consumer request!
                                                  a rack in one appartament with the multichannel amplifiie (vlasse or other) I loved with not to high kilo, not high temperatur and space !
                                                  but the "classe D" , small. much watt,... is not a loved high end product!
                                                  (although big brand , like Jeff Rowlandwork with classe D at high level - and price!)

is really a personal taste: of course a rotel classe D in not the same of a JF priced $. 10k. amplifier...

multichannel ampli for a audiophil is not interesting product!, a lot of store
                                                  in Europe dont "withdraw" multichannel amplifiers altthough you wil buy on the same store a new productnly stereo.

europa & Usa are very different in this "side of market"

personally I dont care a multi-channel amplifier. better to spend $. 1-2k. more and go with stereo products.

but this is my point of view.....
                                                  I'm curious now..

I have spent a lot of time in Europe and as you say, the market is VERY different, for a number of reasons. Smaller living spaces, the general (outrageous) prices for consumer electronics of every kind, etc. Every store you walk into has a bunch of young guys in suits and ties, etc.

Until recently, it's true that a multichannel product has never been as good as a stereo product. Then (for my purposes) the CT/SSP-800 came along and not only was it the BEST thing I have ever heard (that I could ever afford), but it solves ALL my problems.

So I swapped out my multichannel + stereo gear for a CT-SSP and CT-5300 and I'm very happy. The separate two channel system was really kind of a pain, not to mention CONSIDERABLY more expensive. When I put the Classe gear in place, even though I knew what I had back there, I was amazed at all the various cables I could pull out: "Wow, that was an expensive cable! Now I have no need for it!"

Out went the Lexicon processor and Mark Levinson two-channel gear, and while it was WONDERFUL stuff - loved it - I don't need it any more. The digital age has made the need for a disc player obsolete, and the Classe has made the need for a two-channel system obsolete.

Just my opinion, of course. But I'm really MUCH happier with a simpler, more modern and better-sounding system.

Comment

• wettou
                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                    • May 2006

Originally posted by SRT-10 Viper
                                                    I just switched amps from a Krell TAS 200Wx5 Amp to a the Classe CT5300... All I can say is wow! I had two other guys over helping install the amp and we did a test prior too/after the install. We all sat there amazed at the improvement in sound. I have 2 Lamm 1.2 Reference Amps for the front and the Classe (prior Krell) runs the center and rears. For speakers I have 800Ds in the front and HTM1D center with 802Ns in ther rear. I also have 2 JL Audio Subs. For a processor, I have the SSP800. The new CT5300, integrates the fronts with the center and rear speakers much better than the Krell. The sound is also much less Harsh (grain) now and the amp still needs to be broken-in (Classe states 300 hours).

Late night of listening :T
                                                    Very nice, you and I have very similar system

Except I got a pair of CA-M600 :B

Comment

Working...
                                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                    Search Result for "|||"