X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freek
    • Mar 2008

SSP-300 does not power on

last night we had havy lightning, so i took all my equipment out of the power outlet. this morning put everything back in.

all ok, only my ssp-300 does nothing. dead.

the standby led does not switch on or anything.

when i switch the unit to off at the back and i take out the power cord, wait for 30 seconds. Then put back in the power cord and switch the unit on at the back, i hear a click after about 10 seconds but nothing else happens. no standby led, nothing.

is there a way to reset/try something else or is my processor ready for shipment to classe?

in need of some advise,

Freek
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

It sounds like you did what you can and it will have to go to Classe for service. I don't know of any reset if the unit doesn't fully power on.

Eric

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Perhaps the unit is OK, but just lost its firmware. You might like to try downloading the operating software and downloader, and try to re-program it per the instructions - as a last try before shipping it back.

- Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Freek
        • Mar 2008

i decided to ask b&w uk the same question.
        they send back this e-mail, so it will be back for service:

Dear Freek van Lieshout,

Thanks for the enquiry, sorry to hear you are having this problem.

Unfortunately, as you say there is an audible click after switch on, then it is not simply an internal fuse which is blow.

In any case, you will have to return the unit to B&W Netherlands: via your retailer.

It may be that it can be repaired in your country rather than sending it to us in UK.

Please let me know how this proceeds for you.

With best regards

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"